Stage NINE Zeditus - 08 June 2014 (Small Updates)

KyleR

STAGE 5!!!!

SO today this little package was waiting for me when I got back from football, all wrapped nicely in brown paper bringing back memories of backing my books in my school days. I quickly ripped it all off knowing what was waiting for me inside. Inside, was this!

IMG_0844.jpg

:teeth: I bought the ones that Niko posted in the for sale section late last week. It was a bit of an impulse buy due to the price and they're ORANGE!! I'm still not 100% on how much of a drop I want and what'll be safe, but once I get them fitted i'll know and it's the best way of finding out rather than taking peoples opinions as gospel. The way I see it is, worst case scenario I have to get rear camber arms and avoid speed bumps for a while until I decide to either buy coil overs or Tein Springs.

Opened the box to have a look at the second hand springs expecting them to be covered in some amount of crud and other road crap.

IMG_0845.jpg

All nicely wrapped up and packed and more ORANGE visible than I expected.

Unwrapped and inspected them to notice that the might as well be brand new! :yahoo:

IMG_0847.jpg

This must be my bargain of the year (in February :blink: )

Hope to have them fitted as soon as, but one of my guys.... guys, had an accident on the way to work this morning and we're still waiting on news from him. Don't think it's too serious, maybe broken wrist at the most, but may put him out of work for a while which then adds more pressure to my guy, so i'll hold off until he has the time and concentrate on the more important things in life, like ORANGE stuff and getting the car serviced and ready for MoT.

PS - might wrap the car dark dark purple - shhhhhh :secret: not for a while though ;)

• 4 weeks later...

First of all an update to Stage 5.

I gave up waiting to get someone to fit the springs so bought a set of spring compressors (which it turns out you don't need) and set about doing the rears as they're the easiest. Literally only took about 45 minutes to do them. The fronts were more complicated as expected, even following the various guides because some of the nuts are hard to access, i.e. the upper control arm where the nuts are each side of the spring and there wasn't enough clearance to get a ratchet or breaker bar in.

All in all it took me 3 days :lol: 2 of those days the car was sitting doing nothing because I fooked up the thread on the N/S/F drop link and nut and took a couple of days trying to find someone to repair it. Turns out metric fine tap and die sets are rarer than hens teeth and the best course of action was to get the grinder out and chop off the last couple mm of thread and find a new nut, which also turns out to be impossible to buy, so luckily found one on the floor of a mechanics :lol:

Anyway, pictures :D

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

The rear is very low, like... very low

IMG_0881.jpg

Like, too low :lol:

IMG_0882.jpg

Can't even get my pinky in there, so i'm gonna have to get the arches rolled and some camber arms for the rear, hopefully the front will be ok, but we will see once I get the geo set up checked :thumbs:

Then after a few months of searching, a screw up from Nissan UK and help from Alex to rectify their mess...

Stage 6!!!

IMG_0868.jpg

Had to change those boring old looking pre facelift headlights for these beauties!

Started by removing the bumper by stripping half a dozen old crappy bolts :lol:

SAM_1453.jpg

Starting to get at those rusty bolts under the arch. They're a real PITA because they're attached to plastic and it's a bit tedious putting pressure on them. I actually cracked one of the mounts a tiny bit :angry:

SAM_1454.jpg

Both old fugly lamps out

SAM_1460.jpg

And new facelifts in :D

SAM_1461.jpg

Bumper back on, job complete!

SAM_1462.jpg

Couple of pictures, just for :cloud9:

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

Night one...

IMG_0872.jpg

Gave the door control panels a bit of a refurb too, got some Ford Panther Black from Halfords which has a nice mild multi coloured flake, but unfortunately can't see it very well in the pictures...

Passenger

IMG_0890.jpg

Driver

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

Thats it all for now, this month I have to service and MoT then maybe talk to a body shop about fixing a few patches here and there.

:thumbs:

Looking really good B)

Those wheels and lowered spot on front lights so much better too , like it a lot

Thinking of spraying a few bits in engine bay gloss black and the door trim inside is a good shout did you apply any laquer to yours?

I applied about 3 or 4 coats trying to get rid of the orange peel, but I just couldn't shift it using rattle cans, so I sanded it all as flat as I could and used polish to get the shine, so I honestly couldn't tell you if there's any lacquer left or not :lol:

• 1 month later...

Nice work mate, I'm glad to see you are taking Zeditis seriously, so what's next.............................. ;)

Bit of a late reply, I never noticed it. Next will be to sort out the paint I think, few bits touched up and few others resprayed followed by a CF front lip maybe :D

Hi Kyle, you got plans for the old lights or might you part with them?

I'm actually not 100% sure what to do with them yet. I might keep them incase I sell the car so I can swap them back as the 06+ are worth a few quid, on the other hand I might sell them if they start to get in the way...

• 4 months later...

Stage SEVEN!!! Why oh why did I start this stage?

So, my bay looked like everyone else's. Boring, dirty and even more dirty.

Queue stage 7, the worst stage of all. Engine bay blinging

First off I bought an orange slam panel from the forums group buy, the an orange bolt kit from Ian Hampton on here, then Octets polished plenum and throttle body when he began to break the 350 to "downgrade" to the 370 :p I also bought an orange Wasso plenum spacer and luckily the spacer and plenum arrived around the same time so I wasn't left off the road for too long.

A few months ago I found an orange Samco hose kit on eBay second hand that I got for about half price and also bought the orange Samco intake hose from the FS section a few months before that.

When I got the plenum and throttle body, they looks 100 times better than the dirty pitted one that most of us have, so I contacted Ian (Wasso) and he helped me immensely (thanks again Ian) with what to buy and how to actually polish the plenum to get it 1000 times better and almost up to the standard that he produces.

I set to work on the old crappy and dirty bay and got the plenum polished up the best I could without a bench polisher and with just a drill. Because it had been previously Wasso polished it actually didnt take too much effort as the pitting was minimal compared to the old one. Also had a go at polishing the popchargers heat shield, got a half decent result, but I really needed a bench polisher to get the results I was after, but it'll do :)

Fitted all the hoses, spacer, bolts and intake hose and it was done in a few hours after diagnosing why the engine smelt like candy floss. I'd forgot to secure one of the coolant pipes to the plenum and it was spewing everywhere :lol:

I still have more things to add, such as polished fluid tanks, oil and rad caps, new shiny strut brace, carbon bonnet dampers and finally an Arc V2 oil catch can, if I can get hold of one. Possibly then adding some sexy braided hoses and trying to compete with Wasso and Shires bays, which are stunning by the way if you haven't seen them before.

So, here is the finished article and probably as far as i'll go until I get the exterior the way I want it. I've already got 2 of the 4 exterior bits I want, just need to other 2 hens teeth parts when they become available :glare:

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1

The spacer matches well B)

Great work and looking very nice.

Something you may want to add to your polishing list, or you may already have it on the list is a polished strut now.

I can do you one on an exchange basis, or just provide you some pics instead :lol:

0102B253-7C6C-4E5C-8F6E-5012ED1C1DAF-3085-00000173C7D32A76.jpg

IMG_7415.jpg

Here's mine..... :stir:

5682a181.jpg

IMG_7395.jpg

PS : I'm still hunting for a V2 ARC for you.

The spacer matches well B)

Great work and looking very nice.

Something you may want to add to your polishing list, or you may already have it on the list is a polished strut now.

I can do you one on an exchange basis, or just provide you some pics instead :lol:

0102B253-7C6C-4E5C-8F6E-5012ED1C1DAF-3085-00000173C7D32A76.jpg

IMG_7415.jpg

Here's mine..... :stir:

5682a181.jpg

IMG_7395.jpg

PS : I'm still hunting for a V2 ARC for you.

Will you stop teasing me? :lol:

I did think about polishing the strut and painting the feet or getting you to do it, but I think I'm gonna go with the summit brace from redline.

Thanks for helping in the search mate. They are still making them and trading as Arc Brazing but I can't seem to get them or any other Arc traders to reply to me. They're all in Japan and my Japanese is a bit rusty :lol:

You can web order I believe from Arc Brazing.

I was otherwise searching for second hand units for you. Added bonus they normally come with braided hosing.

Just watch out for any aftermarket strut brace such as the wide Summit when you have a spacer as they will rub on the bonnet. I used to have a GT Spec and that rubbed as a result of having a spacer.

IMG_5939.jpg

This is why I dropped back to the OEM strut but tarted it up.

You can web order I believe from Arc Brazing.

I was otherwise searching for second hand units for you. Added bonus they normally come with braided hosing.

Just watch out for any aftermarket strut brace such as the wide Summit when you have a spacer as they will rub on the bonnet. I used to have a GT Spec and that rubbed as a result of having a spacer.

IMG_5939.jpg

This is why I dropped back to the OEM strut but tarted it up.

Did you post more pix? I never noticed :lol:

I heard you mention that before and seen the evidence on smudgens brace. It shouldn't be a problem for me as I'm aiming to get a 07+ bulge which should eliminate the problem... I hope!

I can't remember if I tried to web order with them or if I couldn't work it out or if it wouldn't work with international shipping, either way, I didn't do it :lol:

I'll try again when I get home and see why I never did it...

I have a look on the US site from time to time waiting for one but their grabbed up very fast, except one which had been powder coated "chrome" and as a result, looked like @*!#!

Yeah forget any ARC product that has been butchered, they just won't re-sell as well when the time comes.

:lol: sorry mate pic whoring your thread with my own pics.

I would say the HR bonnet would fix the problem for sure.