Zed Prices.

Builder49

Had to call into my local Nissan dealership today as the Navara had to go in for its first service inspection at 12500miles (thought it best to use a dealer for this first one, that was a mistake).

On the forecourt sat a 55 plate 350 and a 60 plate 370.

When I called back to collect the Truck this afternoon I thought I'd take a look at both.

The 350 looked in good order, but suffering the normal cloudy headlights, but to my surprise it was only a cloth trim non-GT. I was surprised because it was up at £9475 !!!!! When I asked about the mileage etc I was informed what a great vehicle it was with every possible piece of kit that Nissan offered at the time, and a snip at the price as it only had 72000 miles on the clock.

Given what I recently sold 'Miss Marmite' for I was too busy laughing at the salesman to hear what he had to say about the 370............. Presumably a super snip at £22950????????

I have a feeling it might be there for a while.

And back to the dealership mistake................................. £250 for a first service and inspection. Thank God its a business expense and can be written off against my corporation tax.

Had to call into my local Nissan dealership today as the Navara had to go in for its first service inspection at 12500miles (thought it best to use a dealer for this first one, that was a mistake).

When I called back to collect the Truck this afternoon I thought I'd take a look at both.

The 350 looked in good order, but suffering the normal cloudy headlights, but to my surprise it was only a cloth trim non-GT. I was surprised because it was up at £9475 !!!!! When I asked about the mileage etc I was informed what a great vehicle it was with every possible piece of kit that Nissan offered at the time, and a snip at the price as it only had 72000 miles on the clock.

Given what I recently sold 'Miss Marmite' for I was too busy laughing at the salesman to hear what he had to say about the 370............. Presumably a super snip at £22950????????

And back to the dealership mistake................................. £250 for a first service and inspection. Thank God its a business expense and can be written off against my corporation tax.

Thing is mate, there running a business, where they have overheads, staff wages, heating etc. if you didn't like the price you should have got a few quotes. Also the tech's have expensive tools to buy and maintain. You get what you pay for!!!

That also applies to the cars there selling, you get a guarantee, unlike buying private.

Edited by stuarty

Paul...Quick give me the details of the Dealer ..I see a quick £4k profit...!!.

Dont worry I wont part with Miss Marmite...she going in tomorrow for a

Gearbox and Diff oil change and Mollyslip oil treatment..it was only a P2 Service

your Dealer did.

Thing is mate, there running a business, where they have overheads, staff wages, heating etc. if you didn't like the price you should have got a few quotes. Also the tech's have expensive tools to buy and maintain. You get what you pay for!!!

That also applies to the cars there selling, you get a guarantee, unlike buying private.

LOL

Thing is I'm not actually complaining, I got a quote and accepted it as necessary as I want the dealership stamp for at least the first couple of services.

And 20% tax return plus all the VAT reclaimed is better than nothing :)

Well on the bright side at least they'll keep the prices up for us!

No they won't they'll offer you peanuts and try and flog it for a fortune. When I bought mine back in 2008, the local stealer wanted £20,000, I got one newer with less miles for £15,000. They just wait to sell them to mugs who don't shop around

I agree entirely,

You would be surprised though how many people think writing it off against tax saves you the full amount and therefore spend as much as possible thinking stuff is free if its deductible. :bang:

LOL

Thing is I'm not actually complaining, I got a quote and accepted it as necessary as I want the dealership stamp for at least the first couple of services.

Reads like a rant to me, just saying!

No they won't they'll offer you peanuts and try and flog it for a fortune. When I bought mine back in 2008, the local stealer wanted £20,000, I got one newer with less miles for £15,000. They just wait to sell them to mugs who don't shop around

I dont think there is anything wrong with that personally. It's not dishonest as thats what they do.

I dont think there is anything wrong with that personally. It's not dishonest as thats what they do.

don't blame them for trying,

but thats why i shop around.

don't blame them for trying,

but thats why i shop around.

+1. Somethings worth what someone will pay for it.