Azure petrol flap

RickyZ

My gun metal is the same all depends on the viewing angle and quality of the light. I think it's all to do with how the paint lays down on the plastic being different from the how it acts on the metal wing.

David

It's a known issue with Zed paint and you are correct sir :)

Okay I had exactly the same issue up until I had my car sprayed.

Since the paintwork over the rear arch was done I no longer see a difference between the arch and flap.

From this I summize, the car whilst originally being painted does not include the filler cap. The cap I presume is done elsewhere within Nissan, maybe a different booth, different layers of paint I don't know.

All I can say is my car no longer contains this problem, so its got to do with Nissan not spraying the entire car with the cap on. If you think about it, the cap wouldn't be installed when being originally sprayed and only installed later in the process.

Well that's what I think anyway and would seem to add up.

Okay I had exactly the same issue up until I had my car sprayed.

Since the paintwork over the rear arch was done I no longer see a difference between the arch and flap.

From this I summize, the car whilst originally being painted does not include the filler cap. The cap I presume is done elsewhere within Nissan, maybe a different booth, different layers of paint I don't know.

All I can say is my car no longer contains this problem, so its got to do with Nissan not spraying the entire car with the cap on. If you think about it, the cap wouldn't be installed when being originally sprayed and only installed later in the process.

Well that's what I think anyway and would seem to add up.

That sir, is a good point well made :)

Mine was different too. Aa said different on a lot of colours

I was told the difference with the petrol cap and front bumper was due to the paint reacting differently to metal primer and plastic primer. Wasso was your front bumper painted as well? And is the difference gone?

Mine was different too. Aa said different on a lot of colours

I was told the difference with the petrol cap and front bumper was due to the paint reacting differently to metal primer and plastic primer. Wasso was your front bumper painted as well? And is the difference gone?

I've never painted it but I can't be sure that someone else hasn't done it its 2004. It just seems to be the bonnet and fuel cap it really annoys me to the point I am saving up for the front to get resprayed. It has gone a purple colour but its only really noticeable in direct sunlight.