Cheap zed

Shaun1982

Far too expensive to repair and sell on as either a Cat C or D and get it passed an MOT.

Worth about £1.2k now as it is, spend another £1.2 depending on if there is any structural damage if there is forget it completely.

It will then stand you in £2.4, car will be worth £3.75 to £4k

depending on finish when sold.

Not a lot of profit for that much work.

:thumbdown:

Not one I'd have a go at :)

I can see that from both sides the engine and parts are worth a bit so he won't want to sell for less than £2k but if you rebuilt it I'm not sure it would be worth the cost????

If it wasn't that colour Ian would have it he wants a cheap Z :p

Nothing a bit of filler and a can of spray wouldnt fix. Ive fixed worse in the past. I remember buying a Peugeot 205 GTi once which someone had driven over a wilderbeast in. Serious. Whole front of car was caved in, bumper was missing, chasis was bent, sump was caved in. It was an insurance write off. But, you will be amazed at how crap HPi are at updating their register. I repaired the car, had it for a year, and when I checked it was HPi clear.

If you got a professional in to do the work then no way is that car going to be worth doing. But, as a DIY project, i reckon if you got it for about the £2k mark at absolute max then you could have some fun.