New Shed

marzman

So i picked up a new shed this week.... i've bought it off my boss at work who's just bought an A5. He was going to trade it in, so i just offered him £100 more than his trade in value which he accepted.

55-Plate Ford Focus Sport, 3-door 1.6 Petrol, 99k miles. No tax or MOT.

This morning i've swapped the discs and pads on the front, ordered a part-worn tyre, and replaced a faulty headlight bulb. That should all see it through the MOT.

There are a few minor dents on the rear quarter which i'll fix (or get fixed - i've never done any bodywork before but interested in giving it a go!). Also needs a service which i'll do, and the whole engine bay could use a steam clean.

I cant decide whether to keep it or sell it. I think it's worth between £3 and 3.5k... what do you think? I only paid £1250 for it, but will be £1750 into it by the time its finished. My aim this year is to get a current shape C-Class Mercedes (whilst keeping the Zed) so i might put the profit from selling this toward that.

Please ignore the wheels on my zed... they're only on it for Winter.

photo1-1_zps82806485.jpg

photo2-1_zps8923e00e.jpg

photo3_zpscca97d3b.jpg

Edited by marzman

You will always sell a good Focus, but £.3.5k is a bit steep for it. Go to webuyanycar.com and then add on about £750 - 00 to their price

and you have the second hand retail price for it. Good Luck

:thumbs:

You're right... id put it up for £3k to £3.5k but probably sell for £2.5k to £3k

• 3 weeks later...

Just had the below email from a guy on autotrader :lol:

Hello' date='

How are you doing?

After me and My Dauther gone through the Details of the Car Advert once again in Autotrader.

The Car has been accepted by My Daughter so am going ahead with the Purchase of the Car. A Cheque will be issue to you for the payment of the Car. and You don't have to worry yourself about the shipment, My Transporter will take care of shipping and pick up as soon as your Bank confirm the Cheque Cleared by your Bank and Please let me know if there is any other miscellaneous payment like,the tax charges, etc that will be added to it.

The total amount that will be issued on the Cheque will included The cost of Transport cost.This will be used By My Transporter who will be coming for the Pick Up at your location after your bank confirms clearance of the cheque cash available for use..

Information listed for payment to be made out to you.

Name and Address that will be written on the Cheque and also Your Phone Numbers.

Get back to me with details listed above to make out the Cheque.

I will expect your reply as soon as possible. That will enable me to issue the payment immediately.

Regards,

Bracey

[/quote']