Hi Guys, I'm new!

Sounds good! I'm a tad broke atm as I found out today my front suspension bushings are knackered! Going to be expensive lol.

I'd highly recommend the fueltopia barrel sprint, its £25 for the day and you get a fair amount of time sliding around. There's also some BDC drivers who go down and give advice too, I learn something every time I go down. My biggest issue with the 350's is that I can't carry more than 2 drift tyres!

Edited by Dedman

welcome

Out of interest what kind of setup changes did you make to the zed for the drifting?

Nothing massive really, as I'm sure you know, it's a really capable car out of the box. I've just put on BC racing coilovers which made a massive difference, I've got a bit of camber on the fronts so that on full lock I still have a decent contact patch with the tarmac. I also have a half decent seat with some 4 point harnesses to pin me down and a switch to completely deactivate the traction control as on the fast long corners it used to reactivate itself and kill everything. Anything else setup wise I'm changing as I get to a point when I need it, I'm doing all my bushings next month to tighten up the front, more as I found out all of mine are dead than needing it done for performance reasons. I feel I will run out of ability LONG before the car does!

• Like 1

sounds good. Been looking around at some drifting info. I wouldn't have a clue myself since this is my first rwd car. It does look seriously good fun though. like the video as well. You've got some good skills as far as I'm concerned!

so coilovers are a definite requirement you'd say? I'd guess that really just practicing with the standard car is sufficient to start. I'm guessing there's track days for this?

sounds good. Been looking around at some drifting info. I wouldn't have a clue myself since this is my first rwd car. It does look seriously good fun though. like the video as well. You've got some good skills as far as I'm concerned!

so coilovers are a definite requirement you'd say? I'd guess that really just practicing with the standard car is sufficient to start. I'm guessing there's track days for this?

To begin with I started with an almost standard car, it was only when I knew I really wanted to do track days and drift days etc that I made the plunge for coilovers. The 350's are so capable you can do a lot before you need to change anything.

There's "drift what ya brung" days at santa pod which are £60 if you book in advance and you can go in what they call the playpens, which is a cone and lots of space to start, progressing up to a figure of 8 and then up to two larger tracks. I've never learnt more in terms of driving than at a DWYB day and theres loads of people who will help out. There's also the fueltopia barrel sprint as mentioned above, and theres similar days to santa pod at places like Birmingham wheels.

If you want to give it a go without risking your car, there's plenty of experience days around too where you can use other peoples car's including ones in the Silverstone car parks in 350's!

If you saw any of the crews vs uk videos last year there was a clip of me obliterating a barrel at one of the Fueltopia rounds when I got it really badly wrong lol

Wizurd, Santapod run DWYB (Drift what ya brung) days which cost £60 for the day. For this you get 3 or 4 play pens where you can practice drifting in a circle, figure of eights and then when your good enough you can twin with 3 others on the large kidney circuit. There should be no danger of anyone hitting you in the play pens as you drift by yourself.

http://www.dwyb.co.uk/index.html

or theres what the Barrel Sprint (Fueltopia) http://www.santapod.co.uk/calendar.php