JDM and UK Clock Function. missing after conversion.

MidnightRacer

I think this topic has been skirted over before but I'd really like to try and figure out whats going on. it winds me up that it so nearly works but not quite.

As I understand it the UK 350Z has a clock in the triple pod. I'm not 100% anymore but I dont think the JDM cars do?

does anyone know if this changed between certain years at all?

The story goes that I have a 2004 JDM car and I've changed the dash and triples to UK ones from a 2006 car to get proper MPH/MPG figures etc. All works apart from the clock, I just get a load of dashes, this has been confirmed by someone else too who did this swap.

I've had a look at the wiring diagrams but there isnt any mention of a clock at all. I originally thought the clock function would be held in the triple pod itsself but the only conclusion I have come to is that its actually part of the AC amplifier ECU thingy unit. The only downside is these are ruddy expensive just to try if its not and I dont know if they are interchangeable between the two...

Does anyone have any experience of this or have similar problems..... did the UK cars all have Clocks?

Cheers

Kev

This is definately one for the Geeks.

Smurk and Ebized should be able to baffle you some more, and leave you a gibbering mess

and mere shadow of your former self!

However in reality I am sure they can assist or point you to someone who can with one of those funny PM Banners!

:kicking:

Posted in my original topic first then saw this today i recieved my bargin of the year

so here it goes

Right managed to find a UK heater control brain The white box behind the heater controls on ebay for 99p bargin price as most seem to go for quite a lot of money normally. Knowing that this is what sends a signal to the tripple gauges i thought it worth while to buy and fit and see if it fixed the clock not working. for information The numbers on the unit were 27760 CF005. Any way cut a long story short i fitted the unit this evening and

20130131_174734.jpg

the --:-- that randomly flashes or stays constant has been replaced with a working clock

pictures of unit

T2eC16NHJGoE9nuQeSrfBQviwO60_35_zps7453da01.jpg

T2eC16VHJHgE9n0yFjoBQ5-P60_35_zpsd27c5a88.jpg

Edited by rodgeevans

• 1 year later...

Just done the same - Heater Brain was £20 off fleabay and fitting very straight forward apart from releasing the 3 x rear cable connectors on the unit itself which were very stubborn with screwdriver release lug and not much spare cable to play with . Clock works perfectly. Now if only I could get 12/24hr display ...... :blush: