Picked up the new 350z today - first opinions and first questions...

lew

OK, I know there is a search function and i'll get to that part in a moment!

The car is excellent, pretty much as I immagined it. Looks nice, sounds nice and provided a average 29.2 MPG at about 85mph mostly using the cruise control over almost 200 miles.

Yes it it a lovely car, looks better in the flesh than the pictures. interior is in great condition too.

There is a couple of dodgy bits the dealer 'forgot' to mention - a couple of little scuffs and very fine scratches on the exterior and the 'Z' from the rear 350Z badge is missing!

All in all, im pretty happy. I have just one concern...

I know I probably gonna get shouted at to search, but I have and I cant find a thread that matches these symptoms...

The car drives fine, but (more noticably in the higher gears) if you take your foot off the gas and let the car coast for a bit, and gradualy put your foot back on the throttle its nice and smooth with re-introducing the power.

However, if you let it coast for a bit in 5th or 6th and then stamp on the throttle, you get an almighty clunk as the power re-engages to the rear wheels.

Any ideas what this could be, or is it normal?

PS, the clutch 'feels' fine and there are no other dodgy transmision problems as far as I can tell.

However, if you let it coast for a bit in 5th or 6th and then stamp on the throttle, you get an almighty clunk as the power re-engages to the rear wheels.

Any ideas what this could be, or is it normal?

Clicky rear axle from the sounds of it. Easiest way to tell is to wind down the windows and do a quick start, if you hear a click or clunk then that's what you have. Nothing to worry about, there's an easy fix described on here somewhere.

Pete

Cheers.

I wouldnt dare take a pic at the moment. After driving up the M6 with the amount of salt on it, its white, not black!

Will try to give it a quick clean later if the rain stops.

I have checked the FAQ's but the noise dosent seem to be what is described in them.

I'm thinking along the same lines as Lexx a UJ - not common on these though - rear gearbox mount possibly? Otherwise axel.

Try a standing start - forwards stop, back stop, forward stop etc - if you get clunks or clicks on direction change its most prolly axel.

If you can get someone to video it while you drive may help?????

Good luck sorting it.

Edited by Keyser