Fuel Tank Sizes Im Confused ( again )

Jimbo

:teeth: I filled my 350 up today and it cost me £43 with just over a quarter of tank left in it. This confused me because I thought the 350z had an 80 Litre Fuel tank and the Imports had a smaller tank.

Mine is definantly a UK car I have the original purchase reciept from Nissan, can anyone help me out :teeth:

Depends what fuel it is as to how many litres that is - V Power is more £££ than normal unleaded so number of litres for your £43 would help. :thumbs:

I've never got more than £60 in mine either, with the DTE flashing at about 10 miles left!!

The tank for a UK spec Z is 80 litres. However, the fuel gauge is not very well calibrated, so that when its reading quarter-full you still have (in my experience) about 30 litres left.

:lol: - makes 'not very well calibrated' a bit of an understatement! But I think it must be about that.

I did the same Val, he said id get a full tank when i got it and it only had about 1/8th. SO i told him to fill up with some lovely V-power! hehe!

Mine is on redline at the moment so will fill up tomorrow morning and let you all know where its at

Excellent guys thanks for the advice :thumbs: was worrying a little incase the stealer that it was bought from had converted a new fairlady to UK spec then sold it as a UK car to the previous owner. :scare:

Its unlikely but thought I would ask :teeth:

I've never got anywhere near 70L and thats with the reserve light on as well! :blush:

Crazy, but there's probably 20L still in the tank when the reserve light comes on!! :scare:

Yeah but I go off the average I get out of a tank so the times when its been on for me..... mean its getting low! But accept what you are saying...... be interesting to see sometime how much, but don't fancy runnning out! :blush:

I've never got anywhere near 70L and thats with the reserve light on as well! :blush:

Crazy, but there's probably 20L still in the tank when the reserve light comes on!! :scare:

Yeah but I go off the average I get out of a tank so the times when its been on for me..... mean its getting low! But accept what you are saying...... be interesting to see sometime how much, but don't fancy runnning out! :blush:

Should never run it too low anyway and pass all the crap from the bottom of your tank though your engine. Das ist nicht so gut. :thumbdown:

I stuck 74.3 litres in it last week B) Always run it from full to near empty so I can monitor my usage.

An suck all the crap in from the engine :thumbdown:

If he runs it that low all the time he shouldnt have any crap to go in to his engine :teeth:

How many miles is everyone getting from a full tank then?

I'm getting round about 380 on a good week.

About 370 on average. Got 400 a week or two back. But when the sun is shining, the roads are dry and the zed is gleaming I can get as less than 300 :blush: