Whats the next step for the zed?

AngryHippo

Hi everyone, I have an 04 zed with the following mods,

Scorpion exhaust

Berk high flow cats

Plenum spacer

Ecu remap

Currently producing 285bhp after the remap, was 266 before the uprev. Would love to get to the 300bhp mark. Any ideas on how I can get there? Or if it is possible?

Was thinking :

new y-pipe, not sure if it will help performance wise though

06 air box, saw someone on here had an 06 z's air box fitted to their 04 zed and they said it gave it a few more horses

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks guys

Jay

Not too much more you can do mate, some engines are better than others, mine was a 2004 on 90k when remaped, had a milltek, berks, plenum spacer and pop charger and was 286bhp before and a gnats chuff under 300 after :teeth:

It's not about numbers its about the drive, have you upgraded the brakes or anything else that will have more of an impact.

I think decats might give you kess toque :shrug: i'm no expert :blush:

Thanks for the responses guys. Think I'm going to get a stillen y-pipe, then get some break and handling upgrades.

@rtbuscuit, I would love to go forced injection, but it's pretty expensive to go supercharged isn't it. Probably need to get other things done too to be able to handle the power increase. Plus reliability with fi.

Thanks for the responses guys. Think I'm going to get a stillen y-pipe, then get some break and handling upgrades.

@rtbuscuit, I would love to go forced injection, but it's pretty expensive to go supercharged isn't it. Probably need to get other things done too to be able to handle the power increase. Plus reliability with fi.

The amount you'd need to spend to scrape through to 300bhp, you'd be better off saving it for FI, as it would cost you about the same, but you'll get more gains above 300 for the same cost. And reaching 300 I doubt you'd notice the difference.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...