New Photo License

thebesh

Hi Guys

Finally decided to get round to renewing my photo license (expired in 2009 - oops)

I'm putting my car (Cayenne Turbo) in for a service and to get a courtesy car they need my license - I've lost the paper bit and my card is out of date, but she says they can call DVLA to have me checked.

The girl encouraged me to sort out my license and said I could do it online. I tried this yesterday afternoon and becuase my passport wasn't issued in the past 5 years then the computer says no.

So just filled out all the paperwork and got a Postal Order of 20 quid to send away to them. Then as I was putting everything in envelope it says to include my old license. So I don't have the paper part and I guess the garage will need my card to call DVLA up to make sure I'm ok to drive.

Went to call DVLA and shock horror, their phone system isn't working today.

I know Agencies like this seem to love any excuse to make life difficult - does anyone know if I NEED to post it back? The card is out of date after all and no idea where my paper license is - I've changed address on the form so I'm assuming they will re-issue me with a new papaer license.

After all the hoops I've jumped through today - THIS is why it's taken me nealy 4 years to replace it.

Thanks for the lecture, but I was just wanting to know if I needed to send away my old card license?

Yes you do, having been though some hoops with transferring from a UK to a Canadian licence, You can be fined up to 5K :scare: as its illegal to have what is seen as copies of licences, out of date or not :nono:

Thanks for the lecture, but I was just wanting to know if I needed to send away my old card license?

Yes you do, having been though some hoops with transferring from a UK to a Canadian licence, You can be fined up to 5K :scare: as its illegal to have what is seen as copies of licences, out of date or not :nono:

Oops to be honest its only right too fancy leaving it so long :shrug:

I guess working in logistics I have to be mindful of licenses etc

• 3 weeks later...

had to surrender my photo license when I renewed it all at the post office. to be honest works out the same cost plus it's all done there and then including new photos. had the new one back and the new paper part (which I'd lost) after about 7 days.