4 new tyres needed - Any good deals about??

chriswillis

Maybe consider part-worns?

I've just bought a pair of part worn Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's in 275/35/19, both with 4.5mm tread on them. I got them in separate auctions from separate people, but i've got them both in hand now and paid only £100 for the pair incl delivery!

These tyres are around £320 each brand new, but mine only have around 45% of their legal tread remaining. So 45% of £640 is £288, meaning i've just bought £288's worth of tyres for £100.

An absolute bargain if you ask me.

I've had probably 4 or 5 punctures over the last few years, so i've got no intention of putting £640 of rubber at risk to have to bin it if i get a puncture, so it will be part-worns from now on for me. :thumbs:

I've always found the cheapest place for tyres seems to change, as mentioned places like Camskills are usually pretty competetive but they're not always the cheapest. It's best to shop around, the last time I looked my local National Tyres place was within £10 of the cheapest I could find so well worth the extra for being on my doorstep.

Thanks for all the info guys... guess i will continue my search...

DBlock, why would i be a chicken if i went for the lower profile? wont that mess up speedo/mileage etc?

Most people are scared it will mess with the tcs. I've not had any problems but some people insist I won't work :thumbs: your tried falkens usually they are decent and cheap?

http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/

used these for a beemer and was very price wise

Thats an excellent sight. They quote £285 fitted for 275/45/18 bridgestone 050A

Which is my size on the rear.

Not that I will even have them again unless I was given them

Thanks for that:)

Actually thats not my size its 275/35/18 on the rear.

Cant seem to find a Michelin PSS in any 275/18 size.

Surely they must do one?

They do a michelin pilot sport 1,2 and 3 but cant see a super sport

Edited by 4RE Leather