£3m - Burn It With Fire!!!

glrnet

Got done at that exact one :surrender:

Pretty much impossible not to, I went as I could see a space the other side of it, half way across and someone cut in front of me meaning I was stationary for all of about 30 seconds...... £60 fine :angry:

Appealed but basically they had a pic of me sat there, doesn't matter how long or why...

Theres a junction in cambridge near where I work which has a box like this painted on the road - you dont get fines for stopping in it. But what i do notice is that the box is so faded now, people just stop on it anyway, blocking the entire road and causing massive tailbacks.

I contributed to that also. Box about eight car lengths in size, went to cross into the space on the other side and someone pulled out from a side road blocking me. £60. It's on the north side of Kew bridge an utter nightmare.

Got done at that exact one :surrender:

Pretty much impossible not to, I went as I could see a space the other side of it, half way across and someone cut in front of me meaning I was stationary for all of about 30 seconds...... £60 fine :angry:

Appealed but basically they had a pic of me sat there, doesn't matter how long or why...

Exact same thing to me too. On the A40, there was roadworks the other side of the box but you couldn't see them as it was the inside lane. There was no pre warning of the roadworks. As I went across two cars decided to cut in front of me using the space I was about to use. I was in the box for about 20 seconds but only my back wheels. I tried to justify to them of the roadworks and that the car in front could have moved forward as he'd left a full car length in front of him, but no, I was fined!!

Most drivers day dream their way along the roads not planning ahead for things like that. It doesn't take an abnormally long hatched area to get people to stop in it. Give your average granny in a Kia a 2m long keep clear area and i guarantee you they will stop in it.

Sounds like that one is maybe a bit harsh but something has to be done to wake people up

Edited by CrumbMC

I would disagree a lot of the boxed areas near our way are poorly designed. The one at Kew bridge is very poor as there are a constant stream of cars inrush hour entering from the side street so those of us on the far side have to go for a gap and hope you make it. Otherwise it is impossible in high levels of traffic to actually wait and cross and you will sit there for hours. The one in particular I got caught at is a motorist trap and is reported as so on many forums. It needs a proper filter light from the left in rush hours to work not a ridiculously big box which is a fund raiser for the Xmas party at traffic control.

I would disagree a lot of the boxed areas near our way are poorly designed. The one at Kew bridge is very poor as there are a constant stream of cars inrush hour entering from the side street so those of us on the far side have to go for a gap and hope you make it. Otherwise it is impossible in high levels of traffic to actually wait and cross and you will sit there for hours. The one in particular I got caught at is a motorist trap and is reported as so on many forums. It needs a proper filter light from the left in rush hours to work not a ridiculously big box which is a fund raiser for the Xmas party at traffic control.

That does seem unfair. when i was working in preston there was a similar situation on a roundabout near the M65. if you left a gap for people to go round then others just dive in front of you and you end up sat there all day, so your only option is to block people who are trying to go round the other way.

I stand by my original post though. The hatchings in the OP may well be poorly designed but some people would stop on them even if they were designed perfectly.