Mazda DPF problem

spursmaddave

Spoke to my brother-in-law earlier who has had a Mazda6 estate 2l soot chucker for a couple of years.

He has had problems with the DPF and his Mazda dealer has told him it's FUBAR and will cost 3k to replace next time it doesn't regen....

Now I have researched the problem on my Leon as I read horror stories and you can replace the exhaust and bypass the DPF giving more power & better economy.... anyone know about or done similar on a mazda....

Is there a MazdaManAlez :shrug:

YES I know go look on a Mazda forum which I will do with said Bro-In-Law this week, will also tell him NOT to go to dealers :headhurt:

He is talking about getting rid p/x asap for something else, any suggestions for reliable estate soot chuckers?

Cant help with the DPF :shrug:

But what about these as Estate replacements...

Jag X-Type - Nice and cheap, diseasel meant to be good

Honda Accord - Ask Lexx (I think he had one)

Audi A4 - Probably a bit pricier than the others

Or what about a SUV like a Pathfinder?

:thumbs:

Dont know about mazda but we have replaced several DPF systems on qashqai, xtrail and navara, even with nissan prices the replacent filter is arround £600 - £1000, have seen people replace them with straight pipe too, but im unsure how this affects MOT

DPF can be removed, but the ECU needs to be adjusted to know it no longer has one.

It 'should' still pass emissions. Most folks take it out, knock the filter apart with a hammer and screwdriver then put back on. That way it still looks like a DPF is fitted.

Dont know about mazda but we have replaced several DPF systems on qashqai, xtrail and navara, even with nissan prices the replacent filter is arround £600 - £1000, have seen people replace them with straight pipe too, but im unsure how this affects MOT

Unless things have changed the MOT doesnt check emission on a diesel so you can just replace the dpf with a bit of pipe.