Have I done the right thing?

Toon Chris

I've taken off my Popcharger and put the standard filter box back on. At the moment its the old (grubby) paper filter but I'll put a K&N panel filter in as I prefer not to have to fiddle with it every service - and as I have a cold air intake it may resist the wet mud that gets in a bit better.

Instantly the the car is more mellow sounding, and as i do a lot of motorway miles this is mainly what I'm after.

I'm not sure what to expect. I think the engine will be a bit less revvy, particularly at higher revs as its a bit more restrictive than the Popcharger but until I have a blast when the K&N arrives and get used to it I don't know if I will notice much.

Anyone done this reversion before that can comment?

I also have an up-rev tune so will i notice much difference or is it time for a re-tune?

Edited by Toon Chris

want noise, buya pop charger or something in that style.

want to play the numbers game down the pub, go standard airbox flyboy velocity stack mod and a performance panel filter. then get it remapped.

with NA tuning on the zed your fighting for the difference of about 5 bhp. you'd never notice the difference.

noise in some ways is a better direction, if it sounds faster your brain thinks it is and the butt dyno registers higher.

I have a Pop Charger and a modded oem airbox and swap them over regularly...

Pop Charger = lovely sound, very slight hesitation but a bit more eager at higher revs.

OEM airbox = definitely more responsive but a little less ooomph at higher revs and as the op says less drama so calmer on the motorway