The Best Money Ever spent on a Zed!

D4V3 GT4

If any body out there has a Black Zed they'll know what a knightmare the dreaded swirl marks can be, they've been geting me down now for a while, even though I'm selling up I still had to do something about them!

Took the Zed to my local bodyshop for a machine polish! OOOOOHHH MY GOD!

It has never, not even when I picked it up from the dealer the very first day, ever looked so good!

Best money I've spent on the Zed by a mile, I'm gonna try and keep hold of her till the Wales run, but looks like I've got a buyer. It will be a sad day when she goes!

DaveH

If any body out there has a Black Zed they'll know what a knightmare the dreaded swirl marks can be, they've been geting me down now for a while, even though I'm selling up I still had to do something about them!

Took the Zed to my local bodyshop for a machine polish! OOOOOHHH MY GOD!

It has never, not even when I picked it up from the dealer the very first day, ever looked so good!

Best money I've spent on the Zed by a mile, I'm gonna try and keep hold of her till the Wales run, but looks like I've got a buyer. It will be a sad day when she goes!

DaveH

Hope you keep hold of it long enough for the Wales run, what did they use to clean it so good? :)

I didn't ask Beavis, my jaw was still on the floor, I'm dying to show it off, it really does look awesome! Everyone at work came out to look at it!!

FFS keep it then, Dave! ;) Why are you selling???? :wacko:

PS Can you help Val with his tyre mounting thread?

A good polish, combined with a P.C. (like rob_quads was/is selling) does the trick ;)

Do you mean that a good quality polish will actually take away swirl marks? Or do you need a scratch remover to do that?

A good polish, combined with a P.C. (like rob_quads was/is selling) does the trick ;)

Do you mean that a good quality polish will actually take away swirl marks? Or do you need a scratch remover to do that?

Depends how deep the scratches are ofcourse. And using a P.C. wins heaps of time. But you should know what you are doing, because if you do it wrong you could end up polishing through the laquer :scare:

You won't be polishing through the laquer on the black 350 as there isn't any. Its a single based colour with no laquer.

People think that polishing doesn't really do much but when you have seen a car that has been done properly it looks sooooooooooooo much better than other colours. The shine off it will be so crisp.

Yup - A nice layer of AG SRP then a layer of P21S/Victoria Concours Wax, wait 24 then put another layer on and you will have once gloosy looking car which will not need waxhing for a good while and will clean soo much easier

Agreed. P21S looks the mutts, but it doesnt last too long. 2 coats makes it wear a bit better. But hey, the wet look looks awesome. Made my Leon look like new every time.

You won't be polishing through the laquer on the black 350 as there isn't any. Its a single based colour with no laquer.

Are you sure that's right? When I bought a Kuro touch-up kit from Nissan they provided a black one and a clear lacquer one in the same pack which implies there's a lacquer coat.

Right Guys,

Yeah it looks fantastic, but just to clarify, in very bright direct sunlight you still see very very light swirls but these have now really been replaced by super light buff marks (this is me being really picky)

But your all right though I couldn't get the P21S on quick enough for a bit of protection, 2 coats and it looked f**kin ace very deep wet shine, I've had the car since new and wax it quite a lot (I've used nearly every wax under the sun and the P21S is by far the best!) But it really has never looked so good!

Now I'm just gonna make sure it stays in the same nick, NO taking it to the local refugees, the two bucket wash all the way!

Digs, I know what your saying mate, I'm a little board with myself, keep it, get rid, keep it......

Have had loaaads of offers and even more interest, could have sold it twice over by now.

Didn't expect so much so quickly, and haven't even put it in the autotrader!

I guess I expected some lame offers well under asking price, but when I had nearly the full asking price in the first week I @*!# it a little bit, and started picturing someone else driving off in her, it will go at some point soon but I'll have to wait till I'm happy I've found the right replacement.

Liam if you want the Guys number I'll pass it on mate.

And Mike, I don't think pictures will do it justice, you need to see it in the flesh!

When I pull up at the service station and you all look and think...... It looks the same as it before, just lie and say it's the best thing you've ever seen!

Cheers.

Dave... SOOO happy to read your detail worked out so well on the black 350.... I'm having my kuro GT4 detailed Friday - B) before coming to Chester Saturday so I'm even more excited now you've shared your experience.

I'd be interested in learning the truth about the paint - one stage or clear coat? Though I trust my detailer won't **** it up :scare:

See y'all at the services Sunday morning - and a few of you guys Saturday night in Chester :yahoo:

Dave... SOOO happy to read your detail worked out so well on the black 350.... I'm having my kuro GT4 detailed Friday - B) before coming to Chester Saturday so I'm even more excited now you've shared your experience.

I'd be interested in learning the truth about the paint - one stage or clear coat? Though I trust my detailer won't **** it up :scare:

See y'all at the services Sunday morning - and a few of you guys Saturday night in Chester :yahoo:

Think this will be 5 GT4's on Sunday :teeth:

Yeah it looks ace, apart from next doors cat that has left a really nice long scratch down the bonnet!!

(only light, but stilll there!!)

But your all right though I couldn't get the P21S on quick enough for a bit of protection, 2 coats and it looked f**kin ace very deep wet shine, I've had the car since new and wax it quite a lot (I've used nearly every wax under the sun and the P21S is by far the best!) But it really has never looked so good!

The light swirling you have can still see - were these swirls there before you put the wax on. I've heard of a couple of people that have started to find that applying the P21S has introduced some light swirling?

Have you tried either Victoria Concours Wax or Collinite 915 as a comparison to P21s?

Have you tried either Victoria Concours Wax or Collinite 915 as a comparison to P21s?

Rob, wheres a good place to get these from?

I think I'm going to try something else next after the Meguairs NXT Tech Wax and Step 3 Wax goes.......

Any particular one that will be best on the Azure, considering its not that dark etc?