Creating a thread and saving before posting?

Wasso

Any functionality in which to do so?

I want to create a thread but want to work on it over a period of days and update it as I have further information. When I'm ready all I need to do is load the item and post? Just like the functionality in the old forum?

Cheers :thumbs:

This is very spooky I was thinking exactly the same thing today. I'd like to work on a few things over Christmas ready to post in January.

Would be a good idea, especially for the traders to create and save posts for new products and upcoming promotions etc, so we can create them when we have the time and save them for a later date. :thumbs:

Maybe do in Word (or whathaveyou) and with the 'more options' tab paste in here and add any pics, links and smilies before posting? You simply copy your draft and hit the appropriate paste option here and hey presto.

That is what I do as I have had to many occasions of losing a draft (say, for when looking for a link) and having to start all over again. Suits me as someone who finds posting on this forum (and the previous one) that you could all too easily lose stuff with no 'undo/redo' facility or the like. :shrug:

I see what you're saying and I have no issues in using word, but if the file is at home and I want to update whilst elsewhere then its not possible unless I use drop box or something.

I used to use the draft facility on the old forum a lot, and a shame its gone.

Oh well I'll resort to using an alternative method.

It's not about change, functionality which we had does not exist in the new forum. So additional steps are needed in which to facilitate the same task making the task take longer.

I believe in efficiency, and I'm not the only one missing that functionality.

I have no choice now but to open word, enter the text, save it, upload it to drop box or even email it myself. But having the saved post on the forum just seems like perfect logical sense.

One mod got 5 stars in this thread unfortunately the other one got minus 5 stars :p

Stars? This isn't a bush tucker trial??

What's this Mod star lark??

rating system, perhaps there should be a moderator/admin appreciation thread, see who gets the most positive comments :)

It's not about change, functionality which we had does not exist in the new forum. So additional steps are needed in which to facilitate the same task making the task take longer.

I believe in efficiency, and I'm not the only one missing that functionality.

I have no choice now but to open word, enter the text, save it, upload it to drop box or even email it myself. But having the saved post on the forum just seems like perfect logical sense.

I'm yanking your chain you nut!! Since you started your own business you've become far tooooo serious :D That's me yanking your chain again :surrender: By the way I agree with you.

One mod got 5 stars in this thread unfortunately the other one got minus 5 stars :p

Stars? This isn't a bush tucker trial??

What's this Mod star lark??

rating system, perhaps there should be a moderator/admin appreciation thread, see who gets the most positive comments :)

Feel free to start one. I want to see who locks it :lol:

Unfortunately Ian, saving a draft is a feature that the board creators have failed to implment. Although we had it on the old board, this is one small loss for a lot of gain. If they do ever make an add-on/update to allow it then we will add it right away. We are staying away from customising the board this time around as it makes our admin of the place (updates/security patches) very hard work.

If it were me, I would have my webmail open in the same session and just paste over the thread to there. Easy access wherever you have the forum so no need for dropbox and Word. I use Gmail, but any others will work just the same.

Okay thanks Chris for the update and agree, keeping the forum simple aids updates from source a lot easier.

A shame they never thought of it though, lets hope it comes in the form of an update. Maybe a request could be logged with them for future development.

I'll create a workaround instead.

:thumbs: