Why will nowhere fit brake pads?!

Luke0549

Do it yourself, one of the easiest jobs to do on the Zed :thumbs:

+1 Ive changed more brake pads than i can remember and it really is an easy job. If they are brembos then they are even easier..

Remove fluid reservoir cap.

Jack up car, remove wheel.

On brake caliper there are 2 pins to slide out

Remove old pad

push pistons back

insert new pads

insert pins

put wheel back on

pump brake pedal a few times to settle the pads.

Thats it basically!

I think a lot of garages like charging a bit for their "own" pads. My mates got a Vectra and he was quoted 150quid front and 150quid back for Vauxhall to supply & fit pads. We got some from local parts place for £15 and fitted them in about 30mins. Big difference in price.

I think a lot of garages like charging a bit for their "own" pads. My mates got a Vectra and he was quoted 150quid front and 150quid back for Vauxhall to supply & fit pads. We got some from local parts place for £15 and fitted them in about 30mins. Big difference in price.

This. They all make a bit on parts, plus they control full liability for the job. If they fit your pads, they have no "provenence" for the pads, It might say EBC all over, but how are they to know they are not fakes and been tampered with, or who knows what, and thus the risk to their insurance is unknown. You're asking them to insure work that can lead to deaths and there's a big unknown right in the middle of it.

I once got a exhaust place to fit an HKS hyper to my Supra, and they were reluctant but did it as long as I signed the receipts with a statement that I took all responsibility for the parts fitted. That was a fair few years ago and you'd never get the likes of Kwik Fit to do that again without some sort of back-handed cash only deal.