Got my Zed today

mrchic

Edit: it has a K & N air filter also, is that a mod in insurance terms, thanks

Yes, any change made from original factory spec needs to be disclosed *awaits 'hilarious' sarcastic comments about disclosing air fresheners *

http://www.skyinsura...-insurance.html

Thanks

I Will tell them and hope they don't charge a fee to change, i initially did a quick Google search and the majority said its a maintenance option so not a mod.

But im mega paranoid so ill tell them :smile:

Ok bad news, my insurer wont cover the K&N filter...

I changed insurers because my old one wouldn't cover because no tracker

Help...

ps, i've got the original air filter, or i try and change insurance

Did you tell the insurance company that they add no more power (in fact they often result in a slight reduction on the standard intakes) - the main purpose being to given a different sound :wink:

As regards the warning light on the dash that a door is open, I would check all the sensors in the door shuts, boot and bonnet - one may have just got stuck to throw the light. Pulling back the rubber sleeve to get some WD40 in might be all that is needed.

Hi, it was the boot not closed properly, i actually drove for an hour and thinking there's a lot of road noise from the rear. the light was misleading as the image was the passenger door

Thanks

Jeez, tough break with your insurance!

If you've got the original panel filter (I'm assuming the K&N is just a panel filter too), I'd just put the original back in as the difference the K&N will give you and a standard tune car is minimal.

I've got a K&N in mine and my insurance doesn't know about it, shhhh. I only discovered it a few months after I'd bought the car.

You could then hold onto it until insurance is due for renewal, or stick it up in the for sale thread on here.

Who are you 'new' insurers and who did you move from?

Hi, i actually went with sky insurance who were very helpful and sorted it, half an hour before having to go to work.. :smile:

Yes, any change made from original factory spec needs to be disclosed *awaits 'hilarious' sarcastic comments about disclosing air fresheners *

Thanks

I Will tell them and hope they don't charge a fee to change, i initially did a quick Google search and the majority said its a maintenance option so not a mod.

But im mega paranoid so ill tell them :smile:

Ok bad news, my insurer wont cover the K&N filter...

I changed insurers because my old one wouldn't cover because no tracker

Help...

ps, i've got the original air filter, or i try and change insurance

Did you tell the insurance company that they add no more power (in fact they often result in a slight reduction on the standard intakes) - the main purpose being to given a different sound :wink:

I even tried paying extra, they said its a definite no, so had to cancel with £25 quid fee

am i allowed to mention previous insurers to help others

Glad we could help, the thing is with the K&N, although some will advise you it's such a small modification there is no point in declaring it, an insurer would be within their right to dispute a claim or ask for an additional premium to proceed with the claim but a point that most people disregard, you have a claim without the modification non-disclosed and you have a big worry on your hands whilst your insurers deal with it, will they find it? Will they void the claim? Much easier just to declare it and find a modification friendly insurer.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/modified-car-insurance.html

• Like 1

Ive had my Z (my first one) now for a few weeks & totally lovin it :) Enjoy your Z & this forum. HAPPY DAYS :)

I'm loving it so far, i'm still getting to grips with pulling a way, very jolty at first then gets better.

Also a few clunks and rattles too, is that just a characteristic of the zed, suppose its very low down so you will hear and feel more bumps.

Hi

Do i need to call sky insurance if i decide to change things like the stubby arial, (currently a rather odd bronze colour) or the gear knob as there both a bit tatty.

Thanks

I'm loving it so far, i'm still getting to grips with pulling a way, very jolty at first then gets better.

Also a few clunks and rattles too, is that just a characteristic of the zed, suppose its very low down so you will hear and feel more bumps.

Some of the rattles or clunks relate to common issues and most are relatively easy to resolve. If you describe on here in a bit more details someone will undoubtedly be able to suggest a solution. The OEM anti roll bar drop links can cause a few creaks and clunks if you have those.

• Like 1

Hi

Do i need to call sky insurance if i decide to change things like the stubby arial, (currently a rather odd bronze colour) or the gear knob as there both a bit tatty.

Thanks

Yes indeed you do, they will not effect your premium but both need to be declared, you are very welcome to PM me and I will note your file.

Thank you

• Like 1

Hi

So i've had the car few days now, but wanted to take it down to my very nice local garage

for a health check which was free, and to hopefully sort the screeching belts and the Airbag sensor.

All sorted for a tidy £66 including the diagnostic fee.

1.The diagnostic check showed a fault O/S/F side Airbag, fault cleared by refitting the multi plug.

2. Fan belt adjusted, and now not screeching

The health check was a bit like a mini MOT and included lots of important checks,including a battery test. the sort of stuff i couldn't possibly check, so was peace of mind for me too.

OK, so a bit of advice on a few advisories which were brought to my attention (technician notes)

1.Rear parking sensor harness melted onto exhaust.

2.slight leakage around N/S steering rack boot

3.slight oil leak around oil filter housing, maybe residue from recent oil, filter change

4.Corrosion around the exhaust (ticked on the sheet as front, middle and rear silencer) and ticked as a visually ok

I thought the parking sensor was quite high pitched when reversing, and also the beeps start straight away even when no where near anything so does sound knackered. is this an expensive fix?

The car had MOT and service in September, so may explain oil residue.

I need two rear tyres as one has a nail, and one is bald on the outside, so ill get both done.

Think that's all :smile:

Will post pics soon too, when i've detailed it properly.

Edited by mrchic