Reversing Camera Recomendations?

Whazza22

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a reversing camera or sensor as I find parking a nightmare in the 350z as the view out the back window is limited.

I have seen a few types on eBay and would like to know if anyone on here has fitted one.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Dave where did you get the numberplate one? I want one for mine!

This is the one I got :thumbs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Rear-View-Reverse-Camera-for-Nissan-350Z-Fairlady-/260792854518?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3cb87727f6

$(KGrHqF,!h0E-iyZBHUlBPw7tbB(uQ~~60_12.JPG

Surprising good for less than £20...

Easy to fit, just splice one wire from the reverse light for activation and power and then one wire back to the HU or display jobs a good 'un

I have seen a kenwood and jvc headunit with DVD, Bluetooth, USB etc, for £220 brand new :)

As long as it has an video input then your good to go, oh and it will sound better than the Bose, have far more features and look so much better :cloud9:B)

Yeah it does :)

Could you fit an led bulb in there the same size as the standard one dave?

Also does it have to be reverse only or could you power it to come one once I've selected camera off the hu?

Seems good value though!

Yeah a standard bulb still fits in it :thumbs:

You can wire it however you want I guess you could put a button in and select camera on the HU if you wanted. I wired mine off the reverse light so as soon as you select reverse it switches the screen. It also has night vision which is obviously a bonus too. Absolute bargain if you have a HU with video in and not more than half hour to fit, there is a good guide on here I think by BulletMagnet....

• Like 1

Dave where did you get the numberplate one? I want one for mine!

This is the one I got :thumbs:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cb87727f6

$(KGrHqF,!h0E-iyZBHUlBPw7tbB(uQ~~60_12.JPG

Surprising good for less than £20...

Easy to fit, just splice one wire from the reverse light for activation and power and then one wire back to the HU or display jobs a good 'un

Got one of those too, they are very good :thumbs:

If you dont have a sat nav i.e. empty cubby space I have my old rear camera and screen which I may sell, however the camera is quite large (1.5" wide by 3" length cylinder shape) so would have to go under the bumper probably (previous owner had cut a hole in his number plate, but I wouldnt recomend)

The one posted above looks really good and not noticable, handy that it keeps the number plate light for mot time.

Could you fit an led bulb in there the same size as the standard one dave?

Also does it have to be reverse only or could you power it to come one once I've selected camera off the hu?

Seems good value though!

When I had my 350. I wired a toggle switch in the cubby so I could switch between permanent power or switched from the reverse signal. Was very easy to do. Just need a permanent live, switched live and the common out to the head unit. Worked a treat. But my camera was a bit pants. At night it was rubbish really. Just loads of glare of the street lights. The one I have in my 370 is awesome but was 120 quid kenwood jobby.

Hmmmmmm thanks chaps, just think Ive just found my next mod and it's cheap! Wahhooo :1: Will need help to fit it though :ninja: lol

Piece of cake mate, have a look for Bullet Magnets thread, the hardest part is getting at the wires for the reverse light :angry: rest is just wiring and pluging the right bits into the right places ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi without sounding stupid does the one above fit a UK 2007 car? just on th elink it says fairlady which I thought were imports?

Also anyone got a link to a non expensive HU with video input.

Believe it or not I do let my mum borrow my car and her parking is not lets say great, but she is my mum, can't be many mid 60s buzzing around in a 350z to church :)