Broken Zed, Limp mode/get homesafe mode, lots of warning lights

L4V15

I think theres something really wrong with the Zed.

Was driving about all day and when I started the car at the parents house lots of warning lights came on on the dash, CEL, traction control light, and ABS light I think. Then when I tried to drive it it won't let me rev past 1000rpm. So had to drive it to the closest garage and dump it there until tomorrow. Would only let me do 20mph maximum as revs wouldn't go over 1000rpm. Tried ECU reset before driving but every time I started it the same thing happened.

Any ideas what this could be? Happened to anybody? Appears serious to put it into limp mode. Guessing that what it is.

Cheers

Steve

That happened to me when I changed my alloys to aftermarket ones, same with all the lights lit up, car was in limp mode could only cruise at 15mph... But after about 15minutes or so with the engine still on idle it kind of fixed itself? Could it have been something you've done recently to the wheels or a mod of some sort?

I had the same problem with mine after changing to different tyre size on front and back. The TCU got confused.

Swapped the tyres back to original and it worked fine so re ordered a different size tyre all round.

But if Steve had done this he would not have gone anywhere full stop.

Hope you sort it mate:)

No it's nothing like that. Phoned the garage today and apparently it was do do with the butterfly value at the throttle body. All clogged up with carbon etc apparently so they're cleared it out. They want it another day though for some reason.

They want it another day though for some reason.

They're going to make you feel likea valued customer by giving its full valet only leaving te paint work all scratched and swirled and minus your hugely expensive wax coat or sealant tat you spent hours applying...

• 3 weeks later...

It's happening again. Not sure whether its anything to do with heavy rain. It only happens then starting the engine from warm. Then you can let her cool down all day or over night and it lets to reset the ecu again and starts and drives fine. Then you stop it and start after an hour or so and if its still warm it goes into limp mode again and throttle won't open passed 2000rpm max. Cel, traction control and abs lights are on. I'll try to get a vid of fault code on next post for one of you gents to diagnose for me.

Cheers

Steve

It's happening again. Not sure whether its anything to do with heavy rain. It only happens then starting the engine from warm. Then you can let her cool down all day or over night and it lets to reset the ecu again and starts and drives fine. Then you stop it and start after an hour or so and if its still warm it goes into limp mode again and throttle won't open passed 2000rpm max. Cel, traction control and abs lights are on. I'll try to get a vid of fault code on next post for one of you gents to diagnose for me.

Cheers

Steve

Alex will know :thumbs:

They already have a week or so ago and have supposedly fixed it. Which is why I'm asking on here again. They plugged it in to diagnostics and told me in was a throttle fault. Caused by carbon deposits. Cleaned it all out and said that the throttle was no longer sticking. So it obviously wasn't that.

I'd rather not be billed for bugger all for a second time. Garages seem to be so crap at diagnosing 350z's. was the same with my last one when it was throwing cel's. nobody ever found out what was wrong with it. I'm guessing nobody else has had a problem like this with the recent bad weather then :(

Edited by L4V15

what's your location, plenty on here have them, there is even a thread pointing out all the national locations and people willing to help other members out.

Really? That sounds good. I'll have a search. I'm in Cornwall.