H.Dev Dyno before/after modifications (uprev/decat/spacer etc)

RobPhoboS

Hey guys,

So a few weeks ago I set off to Horsham Developments to take advantage of their October offer, and have a few bits done. Very nice guys if you've not been before, knowledgeable and efficient around the 350z :thumbs:

My car is Leeroy's old one, a 2004 UK GT car, standard air filter, scorpion y-pipe back exhaust.

Work done:

UpRev

H.Dev plenum spacer

H.Dev de-cats (non-silenced)

Belts

Gearbox oil change (it was feeling notchy, nissan stuff popped in - sorted)

27395805.jpg

39587515.jpg

23648453.jpg

The cars feels great after having those bits done, although I thought it would make a bit more power as the car has been well maintained, so I'd like to see if there are a few more bits I can do to help.

I'll pop a new panel filter in, spark plugs and an oil change but I can't think of anything else at the moment. I noticed on another thread someone had a compression test done but I'm not sure if that will help narrow down what else I can do ?

The ONLY thing I don't like is the Goose-hissâ„¢ like-sound from the decats at around 2-3k rpm when you're off the gas (changing gear typically). I know most people refer to it as 'rasp' but to me raspy exhausts sound like a ferrari v8, this isn't quite the same sound. I don't know if it's due to any of the pipes in the system being at differing diameters internally causing this ?

Check this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gRQUdEpn48 :lol:

However, once you're up to 4k and beyond it sounds ridiculous, in a good way :teeth:

But I may try another set of decat pipes, any suggestions are more than welcome.

Morning guys.

I'm really pleased with what H.Dev did so I can only +1 to their great reputation already.

I think I will upgrade the Y-pipe anyway, and potentially try out a couple of different decats as and when I can (no ebay guff).

It'll be a bit of a slow process on future upgrades/fettling but I'm not massively worried about chasing numbers, however I'd like to know that it's in tip top condition (do the numbers reflect that ?).

Thus any advice on things to check, replace and upgrade is greatly appreciated.

If I do some more minor upgrades/replacements on things, will I require another re-map ? (if so... £££ ?)

;)

Interesting. So 255 brake was the starting point? That's pretty low.

I reckon the engine's alright, wonder if it's breathing OK?

That was the very first run, it was about 262 consistently after that (3 runs in total before work).

I'll look into some of those more basic bits over the coming weeks, and I'll look through lots of threads.

• 1 month later...

Learn to love it mate it sounds the dogs bollocks and as for the Ferrari 'rasp' that is just what it sounds like a hideous rasp whereas the hiss sounds like its absolutely full of power. You'll learn to love it over time and wnder why you ever disliked it!!

So a nissan with 285bhp has more power than a ferrari because it has rasp or an m3?