Taking a Bike in/on a 350z

350GP

I know, I know, you dont buy a 350z to put a roof rack on it, that's what estates are for....but regardless, i dont plan on getting rid of my 350 any time soon.

Just wondering if anyone had ever found/made a roof rack for a 350z, or if anyone has ever fit a mountain bike inside their car?

slightly OT but are they slicks and it also seems to have lost an exhaust pipe on that "slimer" zed

But that last option sounds interesting as I've just ordered a bike and dont want to be limited to the other halfs clio....

Edited by Fodder

Thanks for the responses everyone, I did try the search function but no joy...

Im sure i saw something a while back about some company in USA who developed a rack which attaches to your boot/tailgage... not sure if they're still in production though, or if they even ship to UK.

Saris Bones works well. Available all over the UK.

Two feet on the boot and two on the number plate recess. I'm going to test it out with two DH bikes on there in a few weeks time!

EDIT: just realised that the post above shows what I've just suggested. Only changes I'd recommend to the setup above is to angle the bike holding legs up and over the car a touch more, in order to spread more of the load onto the boot lid rather then the bumper, and also to attach the 5th and 6th straps to the towing eye rather than the bottom of the boot lid. Works a treat!

Edited by msisleman

I've used the Halfords hi-level universal carrier for my hardtail. Takes a bit of jiggling to get the angles right, but works fine for me. Sits in the numberplate recess and on the top of the boot lid (just make sure your boot is clean first to avoid scratching).

Can try take some pics this weekend if you want?