RS TUNING ARE THEY WORTH IT?

dragon

Booked into rs on tuesday, paul asked me to get there for 9 turned up bang on time, then told me his normal guy was on hols but

had another guy but was'nt in till 10, guy turns up and starts the fitment of berks and invidia, 4 hours later he finnished, I asked if he had fitted one before, no he said hadn't even seen one before!! paul then did the uprev he did one run to see what it was making it was 310, then did one run got it to 317.8 best he could do ? Now I know there is not a lot to be gained on a hr and I wasn't expecting great gains, but the whole experience was flat no offer of a cuppa nothing it seemed to me that he was doing me a favour took it out for a test run could hear the exhaust hitting something, when we got back his guy said it was the best he could do then said it must be a bad fitment for invidia, came back home on m/way no rattles but on the roads where I live turned into nightmare with all the bumps, tried 3 exhaust places no one would touch it "you havn't got it from us" limp excuses, then went to my own mech had a look under and guess what? bad fitment and he had missed putting nuts on 2 important places, bolts just hanging, if you are spending £600 of your hard earned money then you should expect a decent job, did I catch him on a bad day?

yeah I think I did, was it worth tripping all the way back to leeds no it wasn't, I have seen good things about rs from other members and some have posted about iffy exhaust fitment but no probs about uprev. From what I can gather rs do not come on the forum so you can only phone him, if I had a choice again I would go to abbey or horsham, it may be a long way for guys in the north but I think it would be worth the trip. Sorry rs and just to balance things I have ran my own business for 28 years, if I gave the same level of service as rs, I wouldn't have lasted 1 year!!!

Sounds like poor service to me but have you given them a chance to put anything right?

If you have been in business for 28 years surely you know that anyone can have an off day and before you go shooting your mouth off you should have contacted them and asked what they were going to do about the complaint....

Edited by spursmaddave

Sounds like poor service to me but have you given them a chance to put anything right?

If you have been in business for 28 years surely you know that anyone can have an off day and before you go shooting your mouth off you should have contacted them and asked what they were going to do about the complaint....

have you read my post properly, I did say he might have had a bad day, the other thing is it will cost me more money to take another day off work to go back to him, would he give me a refund? for the hassle I don't think so, would you be pi**ed at being charged that amount for the job? yes you would nuff said!!

Not a nice experience at all.

My experience was a lot better with them and is yet to hear a report of this.

Before coming online and slagging them I would have contacted them and explained u weren't happy and some stuff was not completed so a decent standard etc and gave them the chance to rectify it.

How was your attitude towards them while u were there? Did you do anything that may have annoyed you?

While I was there we done 37 runs to sort the power on my car and over all I was very happy with the service.

It's a shame something like this has happened but as above I would have contacted them and spoken first to see what they would do to rectify it.

And what did they say when you contacted them about this before posting this? Apology? Money back? Offer of something to make up for the inconvenience?

When was the last time you saw a post from rs on this forum? or answer from them to a member? you were not standing next to me when paul just shrugged his

shoulders when his guy said it was a bad fitting invidia. Would you want to take your car back when thats what you got first time.?

Traders on this forum would like positive feedback to their service, but if this forum is fair then there should not be the outcry when one does not give good service, the forum needs traders I understand this because of the fee that they pay to be on here, but it seems to me that some senior members don't want anything bad posted about traders, is this because they think traders will take the hump and leave?

That attitude you're coming across with on here is what's got me thinking your attitude in the garage may have contributed to the way you were treated

You are way off the mark mate, I never said or did anything that would have given offence.

I've been to RS a few times with mates and my own car and never found service like this. It's always been good.

When I had my UpRev done there Paul did about 4 runs to get a base reading then 4-5 runs when doing the map.

He talked me through what he was doing and to me was a nice bloke.

I think you should ring them.

Edited by SteveW

When was the last time you saw a post from rs on this forum? or answer from them to a member? you were not standing next to me when paul just shrugged his

shoulders when his guy said it was a bad fitting invidia. Would you want to take your car back when thats what you got first time.?

I'd at least have the courtesy to ring them and give them a chance to make it right, rather than bad mouth them on open forum. If they don't post here that's up to them, certainly doesn't imply anything good or bad about them.

I'd at least have the courtesy to ring them and give them a chance to make it right, rather than bad mouth them on open forum. If they don't post here that's up to them, certainly doesn't imply anything good or bad about them.

Why don't you read the post, paul himself after the test drive stood next to me after asking his guy (mark) about the fit mark said that he thought my exhaust wasn't a good fit paul shrugged his shoulders and said sometimes they are like that. As for other comments at no point did he talk me through anything. 2 runs 1 to see what it was making before uprev 1 after. There have been other members who have posted negative comments about rs and yes he has a very good rep on this forum, did he have a bad day yes he did , after the comment he made it was clear that it was the best he could do. All I have done is posted my comments in good faith but it seems like its turned into a witchunt, if all anyone can do is slag me off for mhop, then don't post any more crap.

Not a recent experience with RS - but when I was looking around to see about getting the JDM limiter removed in 2009, I phoned RS to enquire - left 3 separate messages, asking for a callback, explaining what I wanted - never got a reply.

Compare this with what happened when I called Abbey - called back within the hour, really helpful explanation of the options, explained the costs and the pros and cons. When I took her down there, cup of coffee - marmite toast - plenty of information about the UpRev and how the tuning works.

As I say, this is now 3 years ago, but comparing the 2 - since that time she's been to Abbey about 5 times and I've never had anything other than total confidence in what they've done.

Let's just say I take my girl on a 500 mile round trip whenever I need anything complex doing on the tuning (Manchester to Surrey) but am still convinced it's worth every penny.

Customer Service is important, especially so when it's related to intricate things inside the Zed, you need to know you're entrusting her to someone who not only knows what they're doing, but also cares about what they do - and how they treat their customers.

Edited by ianphampton

If you don't want to hear people's opinions, perhaps it's best if you don't post stuff on the Internet?

I have read the post thanks, and at no point have you actually said that you contacted RS after you had the problems with the exhaust fitting sorted by another mechanic. If you don't tell him where he was wrong, what do you expect him to do about it? If nothing else you can rant at the person who's fault it actually was rather than taking your venom out here.

If you wanted more runs on the dyno, why did you not say so at the time?

If he was unhappy then there is nothing wrong with reporting his experience on the forum.

Sounds very poor and there is no reason why he should give them a second chance before making it public.

+1

Whilst personally I would try my best to get an acceptable result before posting anything like this, I certainly don't think that a trader has any right to expect someone to do so. If they've done a bad job, even if it is later rectified, I'd still rather know about it because to my mind doing a good job in the first place and rectifying a **** up are not the same thing. I also think that Dragon has a point in that there is a certain amount of blind 'worship' on this forum relating to some long-time traders. Surely the point of a community like this is to pool experience? If anyone offering new experience that someone doesn't like is shouted down then the experience pool is worthless and we may as well not have a club.

That said Dragon, a slightly less confrontational tone might have helped you get your point across here mate.

DB

I totally agree with you, which is why it would've been nice to know what RS did after they were presented with the facts. If they'd have refunded everything and chucked in a free P3 then you'd look on them far more favourably than if they'd have told the OP to get lost as it was no longer their problem. I'd deal with the first company, but steer well clear of the second.

No-one is perfect 100% of the time, and it's how they deal with the mistakes that makes the difference.

Edited by Ekona

If you don't want to hear people's opinions, perhaps it's best if you don't post stuff on the Internet?

I have read the post thanks, and at no point have you actually said that you contacted RS after you had the problems with the exhaust fitting sorted by another mechanic. If you don't tell him where he was wrong, what do you expect him to do about it? If nothing else you can rant at the person who's fault it actually was rather than taking your venom out here.

I am not taking my venom out on the forum just telling it like it is, paul is the owner of rs he was happy with the reply that mark gave him also he is the expert is he not, who am I to tell him his job not knowing anything about it myself. You have strong opinions on certain things and have a right to express them so have I, you were not there on the day I was, to take my car back to leeds would have cost me another £200 for missed work per day also screwed up work for my guys. Would he refund my loss of earnings I don't think so.

Can understand you being upset but coming on and ranting at a trader that you haven't even had the balls to speak to and then getting upset when you get told the same thing by a few members is just making you look a fool....

YES you had a bad day, either shut up and put it down to experience or get in touch with RS and sort things out...

Yes we want to hear good and bad on here but personally I would only be interested in this story if you had spoken to them and got nowhere, if you get bad service the first thing is to let the person or company put things right end of

I am not taking my venom out on the forum just telling it like it is, paul is the owner of rs he was happy with the reply that mark gave him also he is the expert is he not, who am I to tell him his job not knowing anything about it myself. You have strong opinions on certain things and have a right to express them so have I, you were not there on the day I was, to take my car back to leeds would have cost me another £200 for missed work per day also screwed up work for my guys. Would he refund my loss of earnings I don't think so.

How do you know what they would do without reporting it to them?? zzzzzzzzzzzzz

How do you know what they would do without reporting it to them?? zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Exactly.... if it was your business you would at least want a chance to put things right before being slagged off :thumbsdown:

:poppy: