Syvecs S6 Traction control on our N/A 350Z Development car.

Mark@Abbey m/s

Abbey Motorsport and Horsham Developments have both been doing Development work for Syvecs to get the S6 up and running on the DE engined 350Z for a month or so, I am to the point that I am happy to sell a plug and play kit for the DE N/A , been playing with the traction control and I thought you guys would like to see the traction control working.

The DE car is the only car that we have up and running at the moment I hope to have a HR car sorted in a month or so , this will require a S8 or a S6 with another box as the cars with dual cam control and dual throttle's has to many input/outputs for the basic S6.

Running the Syvecs S6 ECU in our development 350Z , mapping is nearly 100% finished for a totally stock car but I have been playing with the traction control set up , which people that own a 350Z is pretty dire on a totally stock 350Z .

The Syvecs traction is very good but requires a lot of setting up, it can have multiple traction control maps for variable conditions. The damp morning this allows me to play with the car and the traction control. You can see the rear wheels spin up in relation tot he front wheels (we use a single front wheel speed for calibration of the traction control. With the traction set up the car is pretty awesome even in damp cold conditions, hope to have it on a F/I car very soon which will help the power delivery even more.

350ztractiononwaytowork.jpg

Any one running F/I on a DE car needs traction control that the Syvecs S6 offers it is so good.

I will have a cost for a Syvecs S6 install very soon.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

Just to clarify a fw things;

Syvecs S6 is a different ECU that is fitted to the car it removes the old Stock Nissan ECU.

You lose the cruise control and the MPG dash display

But you gain a lot of top end ECU features like the excellent traction control full knock control and a huge amount of othe ritems like limp mode if the oil pressure drops of fuel pressure drops ( once other sensors have been added)

The ECU is from the same family as the Life racing ECU.

The S6 ECU is only available for the 276bhp DE motors at the moment , the REV UP AND HR will be developed over the next few months.

We tested the new CAN bridge software yesterday. You can change calibration or traction control settings via the cruise control buttons now - the rev counter points to the cal setting you're in, which is pretty cool. There should be a video of it working available soon.

Jez,

Ryan sent the video over last night cant wait , He is down next week to use my dyno so he is going to re flash my CAN bridge for me then I can switch the maps without my laptop.

do you want me to post the video up?

Mark

Will flick you a email re the S6 on the Zed soon Jez

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

I'd be interested in knowing what insurance companies think of this, I guess it's another of those "they'd never know" type things? Personally I'd want to tell them but would imagine explaining messing with the TC could be awkward.

With the right insurer, it isn't an issue. When it comes to insurance, 'they'd never know' can end in disaster.

Ollie

Sky Insurance