Abbey Motorsport & TLM on track!

MrLizard

Today Abbey and TLM rolled the car out as a shakedown at brandshatch for our race next weekend.

The car has had a lot of modifications since we last went out but the two major ones from my experience today has to be the torq and the diff. I cannot explain just how much difference a really well configured diff can make, we have tried three now and this plate diff is amazing :)

Day started at 6:30 - Greeted by sunshine a clear sky and a flooded garage and two dedicated marshalls sweeping the water out we knew we were off to a good start

2012-11-02102030-1.jpg

Mark and Jamie from Abbey arrived shortly after and we had the tools/car unpacked and ready to go.

Today was really about trying to gather data and learn what the car can do with different setups so we know which choice to make weather dependent for the race and also to give Mark and I some time in the driving seat. We kept laptimes the best of which was 54.9 (which is only 9 tenths slower than our slick tyre time - with the old diff)

2012-11-02140652-2.jpg

We did have a couple of issues through the day but nothing Abbey couldnt handle. Slight issue with a front bush that is attached to the banana arm (is that right?)

2012-11-02143801-1.jpg

Towards the end of the day the heavens opened and we saw rain, snow and even lightning, though the lightning turned out to be Rosie taking pictures of Marks face with the flash on...

We have a new camera in the car now which is much better. It showed up just how different mine and Mark's driving styles actually are, laptime wise we were very similar putting in an array of 56 sec laps building up to handful of 55 second laps, after it rained we also put in very similar laps, though the car was almost uncontrollable as we wanted to run it with a fairly dry setup to see how it would fair if it rained mid race!

Mr Mark Abbey in session 3 putting the car through its paces.

This one is of me in session 2 having some fun after Mark stiffened the suspension up and changed the bump settings, the car seemed to enjoy eating the curbs :)

Please check out our facebook page and we will be updating with progress as we go, we are trying to report on things as they happen at the track now!

http://www.facebook.com/tlmotorsport

Huge thanks to Abbey for today, without their expertise we would not have got the times we did or had as much time on track, the car has progressed to a really good stage now and we have a clear path of what we want to do next!

Ta

Steve

If it works with mark in the car it will work with anyone else in it :)

We are taking different gears around the corners and still getting the same times... Next week we hope to be able to extract the gps data from the dash so we can really see where we both lose/gain time on each other!

Thanks Neil it certainly helps and i must admit it does look nice :)

Its a carbon fibre Ings+1, typing this on my ipad but here is a link that 'might' work

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ings+350z+spoiler&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=XfqUUOOBFMyX0QXXhYCABg&biw=1024&bih=672&sei=Y_qUUP2FEqHE0QXotoCoCg#biv=i|21;d|PWgpWqj8LkqThM:

new tyres, not slicks but at least they look stickier than the federals :)

Should be able to get some data out of the dash to compare but we have also swapped the springs out on the coilovers to see just what punishement the car can take on these tyres.

tyres.jpg