100_0948Medium.jpg

Alpine Headunit with Ipod adaptor

100_0950Medium.jpg

100_0952Medium.jpg

100_0951Medium.jpg

Ipod hidden in Centre console

100_0953Medium.jpg

Wiring ready for Built in TomTom.

The Ipod adaptor is hidden away under the glovebox & the TomTom wiring will be finished later this week B)

Nice dude, not sure on the headunit as im not a 1U fan, but looks good and good idea with the Tom Tom too

I was unsure atfirst about replacing the Bose but it looks a lot better in the flesh. Ill try and get some proper pics on the weekend :) Hoping that the TomTom wiring will be finished tonight :D

Ian,

How hard was this to do? I am looking to get a Zed with GT pack (inc Bose obviously), which I will want to put my Pioneer w/ iPod connector in also. Is it as simple as an autoleads harness as it was in my Leon? I hear problems about the Bose amp...

TIA

Chris

Ian,

How hard was this to do? I am looking to get a Zed with GT pack (inc Bose obviously), which I will want to put my Pioneer w/ iPod connector in also. Is it as simple as an autoleads harness as it was in my Leon? I hear problems about the Bose amp...

TIA

Chris

You need to get PAC ROEM kit http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAC-ROEM ... dZViewItem

It took us about 5/6 hours over 2days to get everything done. The hardest bit was getting everything out as my BOSE unit was screwed in from the back.

You just need the ROEM Kit, A Micra speaker harness, Aerial adaptor and also a fascia plate.

Bose amp works fine with my alpine setup, just ensure that the ROEM kit is wired properly :thumbs:

Hmm You sure you need the PAC ROEM kit?

A friend who is an installer said its possible to use the BOSE system with any aftermarket HU using an autoleads standard adapter (might be micra) and then there is just 1 extra conection you have to make to get the bose amp to turn on.

I will see if I can get the info from him.

Hmm You sure you need the PAC ROEM kit?

A friend who is an installer said its possible to use the BOSE system with any aftermarket HU using an autoleads standard adapter (might be micra) and then there is just 1 extra conection you have to make to get the bose amp to turn on.

I will see if I can get the info from him.

Not entirely sure its needed but I used it anyway after reading about other installations with the Bose setup, If its not needed it will make future installations easier & save about £35 for ROEM kit.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know what the one extra connection to get the amp turned on is. I've spent bthe best part of today fitting this stuff. I have the PAC - ROEM to sort out the impedence and the PAC - SWI Jack to control the stereo from the wheel. I'm getting desperate now. P.S. Many thanks to Rob for the How-to guide on fitting the PAC-SWI, but can anyone give me a dig out on this last part of my prob. The JVC KD-BT1 powers up and funtcions wll, but it's all picture and no sound right now. Ta in advance

The headunit should have a blue lead which is the 'switch on' for amps (and whatever else you want to turn on with the head unit really) and should be connected to the correct connection in the amp. I would have thought the adaptor does this though? :wacko:

As for the size of the box on the Alpine, the Alpine unit bypasses the Apple software for converting the file to music as it's not the best when it comes to quality. :)

I have the switch on amp lead connected, but nada. The other prob I may have is that the PAC ROEM has hog & low freq wires for say the Front right i.e. 4 wires (+ve & -ve of each) and only one front right coming out of the back of the HU.

Do you join the PAC ROEM cables together and just send them in the one lump? Or ignore one pair?