End of the line!

chettle

Unfortunately a couple of months ago i got made redundant from work, and with the depleating house deposit, i decided to do the sensible thing and had to get rid of her :(

Dream motor owned, and certainly lived upto expectations!!

DSC_0026.jpg

shes been replaced with this, and its keeping me smiling atm!!

IMAG0537.jpg

So thankyou to everyone who's taken their time to advise well when i needed, and even those whose advise was crap! :)

Sorry to sea you go but I seriously can't see how a 57 plate Clio sport is significantly cheaper than the zed!

More the running costs, i was starting to worry more and more everytime i took it out, for no real reasons! Clio will be peanuts in comparison if/when it does break!

There will always be an itch for a charged zed, so im sure i will be back when im back on my feet again!

Sorry to sea you go but I seriously can't see how a 57 plate Clio sport is significantly cheaper than the zed!

More the running costs, i was starting to worry more and more everytime i took it out, for no real reasons! Clio will be peanuts in comparison if/when it does break!

There will always be an itch for a charged zed, so im sure i will be back when im back on my feet again!

Not wanting to **** on your chips but surely a car with dubious engineering heritage breaking down a lot is worse than a reliable brand breaking down occasionally........last I herd just a coil pack was about 200 nicker fitted on a Renault.

Assume tax and fuel ain't that much better?

Still in terms of a change and what is supposedly a great car I think it's a good shout.......my mate has one and he loves it.

Not wanting to **** on your chips but surely a car with dubious engineering heritage breaking down a lot is worse than a reliable brand breaking down occasionally........last I herd just a coil pack was about 200 nicker fitted on a Renault.

Assume tax and fuel ain't that much better?

Still in terms of a change and what is supposedly a great car I think it's a good shout.......my mate has one and he loves it.

Coil pack on the F4R engine covers the 4 spark plugs though ;)

What is it a 197?

if i lost my job and had to downgrade, cheap 1.2 corsa does me..

I wouldn't go spend £6k plus on a clio. £750 on a corsa and bank the rest to live on if needed in case a job doesn't turn up.

+1

Like Ricey, I'm struggling to see exactly where any significant savings would be made. Especially as 57 plate Clio is going to be depreciating like a stone still............

if i lost my job and had to downgrade, cheap 1.2 corsa does me..

I wouldn't go spend £6k plus on a clio. £750 on a corsa and bank the rest to live on if needed in case a job doesn't turn up.

+1

Like Ricey, I'm struggling to see exactly where any significant savings would be made. Especially as 57 plate Clio is going to be depreciating like a stone still............

It looks suspiciously like my kind of man-maths too.

My mate bought an R27 197 at the same time i got the Zed. Near the same mpg as the zed just about as it likes a rev or six, maybe less tax and near enough the same service costs. Only difference was he had to fix a couple of faults via the dealers where as I didn't.