clay bar!

WINKJ

Depends on the size of each bar.

When claying have a piece flattened with a rough thickness of 2-4mm.

Size around 2-4inches in diameter.

If you need a visual perspective take a look on YouTube.

Remember to remould the clay after each section and turn over to ensure any contaminants picked up aren't being scrapes across the panel.

As I say look for meguiars clay on YouTube to get a visual perspective. :thumbs:

Depends on the size of each bar.

When claying have a piece flattened with a rough thickness of 2-4mm.

Size around 2-4inches in diameter.

If you need a visual perspective take a look on YouTube.

Remember to remould the clay after each section and turn over to ensure any contaminants picked up aren't being scrapes across the panel.

As I say look for meguiars clay on YouTube to get a visual perspective. :thumbs:

Perfect as thats the one I purchased :)

do you think its worth doing it still with all this dirty rain etc?

• 1 month later...

I use Bilt Hamber regular clay, used it on the Z and twice on my Ibiza. I havent used any of the clays that require lube so cant comment.

I thought all clays would require lube? Otherwise you'd just be scratching the dirt in to the paintwork rather than releasing it in to the lube..

I also recommend the Bilthamber clay bar using water, does a great job and I can't see how a different bar which needs special lube could be any better.

HaydnH the water IS the lubricant, you get a big old chunk of clay which you tear bits off and throw away after use in the same way as any other brand. No scratches :thumbs:

I also recommend the Bilthamber clay bar using water, does a great job and I can't see how a different bar which needs special lube could be any better.

HaydnH the water IS the lubricant, you get a big old chunk of clay which you tear bits off and throw away after use in the same way as any other brand. No scratches :thumbs:

Very few actually require a "special lube". Most recommend using a QD as a lube however you can use a suitably diluted car shampoo, for example, with most (if not all - certainly for all those that I have used) but to my knowledge it's only BH that suggests using just water with their bars.

Oh I know what you meant. What I failed to say in my post (d'oh!) was that most of those who recommend a specific lube, just so happen to produce that product. My point being that you often don't have to use that product as lube and can use much cheaper alternatives but BH being the only one that I know who recommend using just water.

I also know of at least that recommend using their own lube which doesn't double up as a secondary product (like a QD does) which is what I meant by "special lube", but there aren't many of those. These being the most expensive to actually use regularly.