TLM 350z - BrandsHatch

MrLizard

I am pleased to announce that Abbey Motorsport and TLM are joining forces once more to go racing. Its been a bit of time whilst i recovered but i have finally passed my medical and have my race license back again! :D

The 350z is going through some changes, some that I can tell you about:

New plate diff, replacing the kaaz diff in there at the moment

New fuel pickup on left hand side of tank to send fuel to swirl pot on the right

New set of Tyres - Going from Slicks back to semi slicks (as per regulations for this race)

New front bumper - custom carbon/kevlar n2 - waiting on this before car gets wrapped

Mark/Abbey is also doing something with the tuning and potentially multi maps and some TC for the wet but ill let him tell you about that when its done

The race is in the format of 1 hour, split between 2 drivers of which the other driver im happy to announce is Mr Mark Gillam himself assuming he remembers how to go round corners ;)

Class split into power/weight ratio, we will be in Class A which is 200bhp/per ton @ the wheels, other cars include older BMW M3's/porsches/impreza's/lotus etc. Series is done by MSVr

The plan is to continue to develop the car and look to either do a full season of this series next year or find something else similar.

Fingers crossed we will get some good data and have a good race, im looking forward to involving the rest of the team even further with making calls on when we switch drivers to take full advantage of track position etc

We will be testing before hand so i will report back on that, at the moment we are running off the fact the car is using 1 litre of fuel a minute but we expect this might be slightly less at Brands due to the nature of the track.

TLM's website is being rehashed as we talk and i will try and keep putting more updates online

Thanks

Steve

Picture from Castle Coombe last year where we took 3rd place overall on the last lap

CastleCoombe041.jpg

Brands isn't far away, I'd happily pop along... maybe we could start a TLM supporters club? :lol:

I nominate Haydn as fan club secretary :D

As long as that just means I have to make a few cups of tea and show my breasts of I reckon that could work.

Whatever floats your boat Hon Sec :boat::D

• 4 weeks later...

yes the pie factor isnt good, i need to stop eating pie/biscuits as well.

Weight loss for the car is imperitive, carbon doors/boot make a big difference, adding a roll cage doesnt help though!

We will be moving to syvecs, have you used it much in the wet with the TC? what tyres you using?

I used Syvecs on my 200SX a while back and the TC is great when setup correctly.

At the moment the car is just on road tyres - I've not done any competition work in the 350Z yet. I did quite a bit in my 200SX, mainly sprints, hill climbs and Time Attack.

• 2 weeks later...

Some good progress on the car by Abbey Motorsport:

Dyno'd at 275bhp at the wheels, so now running 275/275, really happy with the amount of torq abbey have squeezed out of it :)

The suspension springs have been altered for slightly softer rating as we are moving back to semi slicks from slicks for the championship regulations

We have weighed the car and please to say its at 1355 kg's, this should allow me to consume some more pie pre-race

Extra fuel pump is in and working so no more fuel starvation/lift off oversteer :D

some pictures because everyone likes pictures...

Dynoroom.jpg

laseralignment.jpg

officeview.jpg