Duel or not?

Patch

I'm the verge of buying a true duel exhaust,but had a pm from somebody saying that they only benefit on F/I zeds.

The thing that swayed me is american designs on their V6/8 engines and most use true dual of some sort (x/h-pipe or no cross over) no offence to the jap die hard fans (myself included) but they have more experience of straight or inline engines = single pipe back.

Depends on what you want top end hp = free flowing with a small back pressure or if you want mid range torque add a bit more back pressure = my problem at the moment (too many tight bends near the rear).

A TD exhaust is perfectly fine on a NA Zed.

If you went TT then it would be practicaly a neccesity which is where the advice you previously got is based.

They won't give you any power gains on a non tuned car.....but no exhaust would.

Name that PMer!!

:p

It's all new to me:):)

What the hell are you drinking? :shrug:

If you went TT then it would be practicaly a neccesity which is where the advice you previously got is based.

They won't give you any power gains on a non tuned car.....but no exhaust would.

Name that PMer!!

Leather restorer I think :D

Name that PMer!!

It's the meds Lexx honest lol.

Interesting post though and anther snippet of good info:)

:lol:

Name that PMer!!

Leather restorer I think :D

What ever Franky and Benny at Dorking slipped into my Coke this lunch time!

:scare:

a true dual with no join between them is ok, but if you get one with an H or X pipe in it then it will be alot better. this allows both banks of the engine to scavenge exhaust gases and balance the engine. allows for a smoother run and should allow more gain. x and H pipes on V8's H pipes have a nicer note to them but X pipe allows for better gains. (or so i've been told)

on an NA v6 like the zed i'd invest in either a custom built system, or a decent brand exhaust, the invidias are very good. :thumbs:

a true dual with no join between them is ok, but if you get one with an H or X pipe in it then it will be alot better. this allows both banks of the engine to scavenge exhaust gases and balance the engine. allows for a smoother run and should allow more gain. x and H pipes on V8's H pipes have a nicer note to them but X pipe allows for better gains. (or so i've been told)

on an NA v6 like the zed i'd invest in either a custom built system, or a decent brand exhaust, the invidias are very good. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Two pipes compared to one pipe = better air flow.

It's all about the air flow ;) Manufacturers releasing new exhausts generally all do duals now, having said that the differences on an N/A car are negligible anyway.

Price/exclusivity/sound are the usual factors with most customers.

I was the first supplier to sell the Invidia Gemini systems in the UK and sold dozens without issue so as biscuit says they are pretty good , I won't be beaten on price so if I can help drop me a pm. Plenty of others to choose from on the website below to :thumbs: Forum discounts on most systems

http://tarmacsportz.co.uk/350z-exhaust-systems.aspx

Got a custom one at the moment = great torque but about to buy a new one which is less likely to bend my rods when I go S/C still staying true dual as it sounds :teeth:

how is an exaust going to bend your rods unless you have a rediculose amount of back pressure i dont understand?

you answered your question, I think my back presure is too much as I have more torque than hp so I dont want to take the risk of my 400hp aim producing 400+ torque=bent rods :bang:

Got a custom one at the moment = great torque but about to buy a new one which is less likely to bend my rods when I go S/C still staying true dual as it sounds :teeth:

how is an exaust going to bend your rods unless you have a rediculose amount of back pressure i dont understand?

you answered your question, I think my back presure is too much as I have more torque than hp so I dont want to take the risk of my 400hp aim producing 400+ torque=bent rods :bang:

Give your rods 500tq and disconnect your exhaust you will still get bent rods. :p