Possibly Getting A 370Z

stu1986

Hi all :)

I am 26 years old and currently drive a 2012 C63 AMG Coupe, I have only had this 3 months from new and got to the stage I am fed up with it already as I have had so many problems both with customer service and the car.

Previous to this I had a S2000 GT Turbo (some of you may have seen in numours Jap magazines) which I sold for the C63.

For the people who are interested in my cars the below are some pictures

Project S2000

Project C63

I have now got to the stage I want to sell the C63 and possibly get a 370Z but as I am new to the scene just have some questions.

> What are the service intervals and rough prices?

> Any common faults / problems to look out for?

> Any other useful info

> How easy it is to change the head unit?

Anyway Back to the car

My friend has got a 370Z GT up for sale which he let me use over the weekend and I love it, he hasnt done much to it apart from Remapp and Tein Suspension SuperStreet with EDFC Controler

The car is a yellow 59 plate with only 13000 Miles and in mint condition bar about 3 stone chips, hes the only owner, he said I can have it for £16,500 its got the sat nav, Bose system etc, he is also going to service and MOT it before I have it is that a good price?

Thanks for reading :wave:

yeah I do but I would tell everyone not to get one fromt he amount of problems I have had, hence why I am going back to Jap :)

I am totally fed up with the car as I stated above, and TBH wish that I never bought the car, from the amount I am selling my C63 for and buying the 370Z Its well under my £25,000 budget which I wanted leaving me enough money to modifiy it.

with the excess money I am actually putting towards another property.

:)

Always loved the C63, shame you've had such a bad experience.

Thats some car at 26, can I be really nosey and ask what you do for a living? Just intrigued....and very jealous :lol:

I think the 370Z is a great value performance car and although you'll miss the noise of the C63 I think the 370z will still give you that "special" feeling.

Welcome Along :wave:

Very nice motors you have/had. As other have said its a shame you have had a poor experience with the Merc.

Going from that to a 370, I think your would miss the noise and acceleration of the Merc, (new exhaust will solve one of those) but more refined than the S2000. Which if your looking for something in the middle, then the 370 may just fit.

16.5K for a 59 plate..... I would say thats a good deal, especially as you know the history of the car :thumbs:

Have a look on the US forums there are loads of ICE builds so I don't think its a difficult job to change the HU.

I remember seeing that issue of jap performance! very nice cars mate. Nice to see you're coming back to jap.

Services come every 9k miles or 1 year. which ever is first and the prices depend with which service is required and where you take it.

Not to many issues with the hard tops AFAIK though i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

I am 26 years old and currently drive a 2012 C63 AMG Coupe, I have only had this 3 months from new and got to the stage I am fed up with it already as I have had so many problems both with customer service and the car.

Previous to this I had a S2000 GT Turbo (some of you may have seen in numours Jap magazines) which I sold for the C63.

Project S2000

Project C63

I have now got to the stage I want to sell the C63 and possibly get a 370Z but as I am new to the scene just have some questions.

> Any other useful info

Anyway Back to the car

My friend has got a 370Z GT up for sale which he let me use over the weekend and I love it, he hasnt done much to it apart from Remapp and Tein Suspension SuperStreet with EDFC Controler

The car is a yellow 59 plate with only 13000 Miles and in mint condition bar about 3 stone chips, hes the only owner, he said I can have it for £16,500 its got the sat nav, Bose system etc, he is also going to service and MOT it before I have it is that a good price?

Welcome to the forum mate. I would say thats a bloody good price for your mates 370z. If I were you I would buy it and then use the spare cash to get a few nice mods... B)

not sure why you got rid of the s2000 looks stunning can imagine very quick also

the S2000 I basically did all I wanted to do it, is was running on part methanol so it became a pain, it became quite a well known car and i achieved what I wanted to with it and wanted a change, :(

• 2 weeks later...

Project S2000

Project C63

> Any other useful info

Anyway Back to the car

Hi

I'd be interested to hear about your C63 troubles (PM me if you want) as I'm just about to get one (estate version though) love the Z but need to get the dogs in the back!

Mark

Hi 

I'd be interested to hear about your C63 troubles (PM me if you want) as I'm just about to get one (estate version though) love the Z but need to get the dogs in the back!

Mark

To be honest I don't mind telling people,

First problems with communication problems with the dealer

Went in for it's 1000 mile service and came out with a kerbed wheel and they tried putting the blame on me

Water getting in the headlights

ABS / traction warning light coming up

Problems with seat head rest not going down, which caused problems when getting people in the back

The bumpers were completely different colour to the rest of the bodywork, they tried fobbing me off saying its plastic but in this day and age it shouldn't be, they said they will get them resprayed free of charge but I'll loose warranty on the paint work.

It got to the stage with the dealers I had to speak to the CEO / President of Mercedes Benz directly

These are only very few of the problems I have had and in no way would I recommend Mercedes Benz let alone a C63 (Others I can't comment on)

If your really looking at getting one seriously consider looking at BMW or Audi!

Hi 

Mark

To be honest I don't mind telling people,

First problems with communication problems with the dealer

Went in for it's 1000 mile service and came out with a kerbed wheel and they tried putting the blame on me

Water getting in the headlights

ABS / traction warning light coming up

Problems with seat head rest not going down, which caused problems when getting people in the back

The bumpers were completely different colour to the rest of the bodywork, they tried fobbing me off saying its plastic but in this day and age it shouldn't be, they said they will get them resprayed free of charge but I'll loose warranty on the paint work.

It got to the stage with the dealers I had to speak to the CEO / President of Mercedes Benz directly

These are only very few of the problems I have had and in no way would I recommend Mercedes Benz let alone a C63 (Others I can't comment on)

If your really looking at getting one seriously consider looking at BMW or Audi!

Thanks for the info, good luck with the 370z. I've loved mine and will be sorry to see if go.

If they did an M3 touring then I'd be getting one of those, the RS4 looks a bit boring