fitting decats

WINKJ

Massive pain in the a$$ but manageable with a jack and stands.

A few sets of long extensions and attack what you can from the engine bay will save a lot of time.

First side took about 2-3 hours , second took an hour once knew what was doing and when i took them of again they were both swapped out in 2 hours.

To be honest if you can get it done at a garage for under £60 its well worth it

A few sets of long extensions and attack what you can from the engine bay will save a lot of time.

First side took about 2-3 hours , second took an hour once knew what was doing and when i took them of again they were both swapped out in 2 hours.

Cheers AS :) .... that's what I was expecting. sounds like a pain with the o2 sensors too.. :dry:

Cheers AS :) .... that's what I was expecting. sounds like a pain with the o2 sensors too.. :dry:

Yeah forgot about those buggers , i needed to buy a special socket

For £60 it's a no brainer!

Good advice, from a no brainer :lol:

Your such a bitch Dave :boxing:

First I fitted de-cats... took 2 hours... not fun at all.. But loooong extensions help...

Check this:

Hated the sound, of the de-cats, so after some weeks, I installed Berks HFC. took 1 hour.

Berk + Invidia = Heaven :bounce:

interesting that HFCs are easier to fit than decats?!

hmm this may have changed my mind B)

First I fitted de-cats... took 2 hours... not fun at all.. But loooong extensions help...

Check this:

Hated the sound, of the de-cats, so after some weeks, I installed Berks HFC. took 1 hour.

Or maybe it's easier the second time ?? :thumbs:

Check this:

They're not easier, it's just that he'd a) done it recently so the nuts/bolts were fresh and not rusted in place, B) he knew what he was doing.

Is there much sound difference between hfc and decats? For 60pound each fitting for decats, hardly see why id take it to garage when they need to come off and on every yar for m.o.t

this is why i wouldn't bother with De cats, just put HFC's in.

the difference one makes over the other is about the same as having a poo before you drive, or not having that extra burger at the BBQ. :lol:

might as well go HFC and be road legal, especially with the VOSA clamp down and the change in MOT rules.

Your such a bitch Dave :boxing:

:winkiss:

At the end of the day decats illegal on thrme road and very 'chavvy' but your car, your cash etc etc

• 2 years later...