Advice Please on Michelin PSS or Yokohama AD08

liam.brown

I am going to have to get some new tyres very soon and I'm undecided as to go for the Michelin Pilot Super Sports or the Yokohama Advan Neova ad08.

I have used the search and as far as I can see they are both very good tyres, but I cant find a direct comparison. The price is very close on black circles so that wont come into it.

I use the car everyday so I will need the best tyre for most conditions, I know the PSS get have better reviews with regards to wet grip but I don't drive the car hard when its wet anyway so this shouldn't be so much of an issue. The AD08 appear to be slightly better in the dry.

Any advice or experiences with either will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Liam :)

Not even close, PSS are the best tyres out there right now period.

That's a bold statement. The AD08s have stiffer sidewalls so better turn in and more grip in the dry, the PSSs have better wet grip (and possibly better at near freezing temps) and less road noise. I'm not sure on the longevity of them though. I reckon both are more than adequate for 99% of the members on here.

I guess the decision comes down to what you'll use them for.

I'm going on the principle that I've tried them on a mate's 997 and they're incredible, and that all the big manufacturers are now fitting them to all their cars, and that they're lasting roughly 70% longer during hard use than the PS2s which is simply astounding. The amount of feel you get on them is wonderful too.

The AD08 is a good tyre, don't get me wrong, but it's not a patch on the PSS. :)