Let the Modding Begin - New Wheels

Kev946

Nice B)

Can you tell the difference in drive with the unsprung weight loss?

Thanks for the compliments guys. Much appreciated.

I've only been for a short drive, but yes absolutely. The ride is better, grip much improved and steering lighter. In fact it makes the whole car feel lighter and more agile. I could tell the difference straight away just drive out of our close... :thumbs:I

I'd have left it how it was :p

Rims look good mate, I honestly can't see where the other mods are though :blush:

That's because you wouldn't know a 6 series from your ass...... ;)

My ass looks better than a 6 series ;)

I think I prefer my 6 to your ass, hell I prefer a Reliant Robin to your ASS...:lol:

Looks great Kev. :thumbs: You've made some nice choices. i especially like the deeper bumpers and the rear looks much more aggresive with the supersprint.

I think it could do with lowering slightly though :wacko:

I'll be stick to standard setup as it's perfect for me, a nice balance of ride and handling. Also, It's not so much the ride height, more the fact that the wheels are only 19's and the arches will take much bigger. Some guys in the US have fitted 22's.... :scare:

No i can completely understand. Aesthetically the wheels don't fill the arches fully, but i believe its much more important to have a good ride and handling setup. Only you'll know if thats right for you.

Even so, its real eye candy as it is!

Any performance improvement with the exhaust? do you need a remap or anything?

No i can completely understand. Aesthetically the wheels don't fill the arches fully, but i believe its much more important to have a good ride and handling setup. Only you'll know if thats right for you.

Even so, its real eye candy as it is!

Any performance improvement with the exhaust? do you need a remap or anything?

Since I've left the middle section standard I don't expect much difference, but the sound is awsome, really deep burble now but not too intrusive. I have been considering a DMS remap upgrade, but only if I keep the car closer to the end of warranty. This apparently gives 400 bhp.. :thumbs:

• 3 months later...
How about de-badging? I see a lot of new merc's over here get it done at the dealers.

Guy

debadging is easy as pie :p my brother has a 318ti M sport and took off the 318 and put an m badge on and it looks really good and obviously its not pretending to be an m3 because every 1 knows its not 1.