Buying my first 350z Import? Good idea?

aterro

Hi

How everyone doing?

in all honesty, ive never really looked into 350z previously( other week)

a family friend is selling his import 04 350z fairly cheap!

Its around 55k, fsh, nice wheels, bodywork good, slightly scrape on front bumper.

it is a import but he says its the GT spec, leather interior, brembos, aircon, satnav which works apparently??

raido works too.

will i have a lsd?

Ive read the differences between imports and uk specs. but im presuming this is near enough exactly the same as a uk spec?

regarding the immobiliser code, ive seen people have many faults which this, im presuming as a import you wont know it? if not where can i get it from if i do have any problems? ( will i with removing battery from car when i go away?)

Ive seen people get around 25mpg which im happy with.

Insurance is exactly the same as uk spec,

and ive been told 0-60 is around 5.5secs?

guessing timing chain isnt a problem and never should need replacing?

anyone know the weight of the car?

Any other special problems or common problems i should know about?

ive read the buyers guide, but im wondering if they are anymore problems?

and! Are you enjoying your 350z?

Hi mate

I owned my fairlady z for 3 years and it was an amazing car no rust very clean underneath and very fast to also cheaper to tax than my mates uk spec car and it was quicker to off the line no idea why to this day .

It was an everyday used car and a show car to so hand on my heart there is no reason to discount them in my opion

My old car was fitted with an lsd and traction control and as for the alarm I fitted an avant guard Clifford concept 60 and never had any problems

One thing that did send my car loopy tho was when my car battery expired got all sorts of strange faults mostly to do with the alarm tho

Hope this helps and I loved every day of my ownership she was a joy to drive and always put a smile on my face to .

I use to own a supra doluk kitted single Turbo and it was a real handful to drive in the wet it loved to try and kill me in different and amusing ways thats one of the reasons I chose the 350Z feels much safer and better planted on the road

this is Roxy the Supra loved it and hated it at the same time Evil to the end

DSC00251.jpg

this is Suzy my old japanese slut

018-2.jpg

And this is my new ride no name as yet only had it 2 weeks

4062147-31.jpg

Snap it up bud and join the love affair good luck with your purchase

ive had import for 3 years and never put a foot wrong will prob be less of value than UK one though ive never really seen a major difference,

not sure about immobiliser codes but i have a cobra fob thing so im maybe can be done to any import 'dont quote me'.

you do get folding wing mirrors and the mirrors dip when you reverse..UK dont have this i dont think

and of course the uber cool square plate

timing chain means should last longer than the car

think only other issue would be if it has VDC or TC one has LSD (TC) one doesnt i believe ' dont quote me on this either :lol: '

Imports vary on spec, sounds same as mine, weight is just under 1500kg,yes it should have viscous lsd,but one way to check :drive1, it probably wont have cooling fins on the dif housing like uk cars.

my sat nav does not work but think there is a way to fix it(cd or reprogram).

timeing chain is hassle free.

0-60 =under 6sec.

Most have aftermarket alarms.

Gd luck!

thank you for the advice!

Lovely cars ^^^

he says it has VLSD & VDC buttons? brembos all around

out of interest, how does it compare to a astra VXR ?

also has some sort of aftermarket alarm system!

it does have 6 owners though?

Last mot advisories were: one brake line slightly corroded & steering fluid found? He says thats a common problem?

cheers

would you say 4k is a very good price? and must buy at that price? ( it will be garaged till november though :( )

Yes. If you dont, tell me where it is so I can :D

I also have an import and its great, nothing to worry about at all (and seeing 270 on the clock is quite cool) :D

:welcome:

I had an import for three years and it was faultless..

You will love it :#1:

Yep, and I've got tarmacs old beast, she's running great, I'd def buy another import. Servicing items are the same as UK, i just did belts (alternator, a/c etc) which was less than 50. No tilting mirrors,on reverse,on my import though.