JAE 2012

dave1221

its a shame the club hasnt got a presence there this year. I'm not sure if I'm going to manage to get down there with a club, but I if do Buster, I'll look out for you B)

the club never really has, not since i started at least.

we did when it used to be a Peterborough show ground and. Quite a big turn out

i remember seeing aload there when i had the MR2 that was back in 2006-2007 i joined in 2008 not seen a turn out there since.

2008 was the last one we attended as a club

i didn't get mine till the november so would have missed it. :blush:

for me its a big shame there aren;t more zeds at some of the other shows. been to modified live the last 2 years at snetterton, and it was full of corsa's and fiestas, shame there was very little of decent jap metal at them. a mix of imprezas and evo's but the rest is a bit quiet.

JAE isnt what it used to be, I remember going to the 2002 one at Billing and its slowly declined from there IMO. There are less traders, less cars and clubs, the venues arent great anymore and as with anything the noice police have got more involved, we were told to kill our music at 11pm last year :(

Hopefully it will be decent again but theres just not enough interest for me these days, at least its not gone the way of the chav like F+M, Trax and the Fast Show. :yuck:

Were you near the family area? I think ours went off about 2am, although I don't think most people went to bed on the Friday night lol

I love JAE, probably one of my favorite shows. Aswell as seeing the cars and other events going on, you get to have a proper club get together, we have members come over from other countries to join us where we wouldn't normally meet them at other shows. The lack of traders has mainly been because of the weather, quite a lot booked last year but a lot didn't turn up because it rained the week before, even though the show itself had good weather apart from a shower.

They usually release the new dates around January time (although the last couple of years they've tried to keep it the same weekend) as the earlier its sorted the better plot you get (although the clubs for the year before usually get "grandfather" rights over the plot they had previously.

Were you near the family area? I think ours went off about 2am, although I don't think most people went to bed on the Friday night lol

I love JAE, probably one of my favorite shows. Aswell as seeing the cars and other events going on, you get to have a proper club get together, we have members come over from other countries to join us where we wouldn't normally meet them at other shows. The lack of traders has mainly been because of the weather, quite a lot booked last year but a lot didn't turn up because it rained the week before, even though the show itself had good weather apart from a shower.

They usually release the new dates around January time (although the last couple of years they've tried to keep it the same weekend) as the earlier its sorted the better plot you get (although the clubs for the year before usually get "grandfather" rights over the plot they had previously.

You are right Vix we were asked to turn off at about 2am but we had to reduce it down to an acceptable level at 12am we had a generator hidden inside all the tented area so that kept the noise going to the other stands to a minimum.

The show is what the members and clubs make it, we have had this discussion for many years. I attend as the club representative for Outlaw Jap Club to every site meeting each year and we discuss the same points but traders will only come if the numbers of attendees is up attendees will only come if the number of traders is up so one will have to give in order for the show to grow even further. Its home at wickstead park does now cater for Families and with the family camping area away from the main event it does make it easier for those with children to come and enjoy the show without forgetting that its also a children's theme park there are activities and rides for the kids

we have a mixture of 40+ different jap cars on our stand 3 of which will be 350z along with many other models and some rare ones too

We make the weekend about the members and the cars to take away from the fact There may not be many traders, we have never had any complaints for the Stand and have steadily grown in numbers each year. what helps with the numbers is the clubs commitment each year we try to put on the best we can for the members we have never actively gone for Best club stand or most activities entered etc as the members would rather sit and chat about cars in the sun with a few drinks all day (we do have a number that take part in activities as well Mind)

One thing to remember regarding tickets is if you turn up on the day and pay for a day pass this will NOT allow you to bring your car into the show ground you will be parking outside (in a secure car park)

The only way to get a car onto the grounds and onto a stand over the weekend is to buy a weekend ticket that goes for all 3 days AFAIK this is to stop people turning up and only paying a single admission and then crashing at someone's stand over night going home the following day.

For anyone that wants to pop over and say hello we are located in the field Ebisu and have a 60mx40m plot so hopefully you wont be able to miss us lol there will be something on our stand that we are quietly confident no other stand will have too.......

Rabster

The show is what the members and clubs make it, we have had this discussion for many years.

Id usually agree, but when every other event we attend as a club gets considerably more positive feedback from the staff organising and the members Ive got to listen to what they say. It aint what it used to be :(

• 2 weeks later...

great show and awesome weather helped....maybe the 350z forum can look into having the stand for next year.

spotted and handful of zeds and a couple of members from here....will post pics once i have uploaded them. :teeth:

Have to agree was an excellent weekend and the weather well that was just spot on i know im a tad burnt as are the rest of the Outlaw Members that went. there were definatly more cars in the field i was in this year we had a mixture of cars on the stand hitting a total of 41 over the whole weekend and i think its safe to say we were the only stand with a swimming pool well ok a puddle wrapped in plastic but it served a purpose in the heat lol, ill wait till my members post up some pictures then transfer a few over from the Outlaw Jap Club Stand

i also spotted a few and met up with buster at one point couldnt tell you what day it was though as the weekend is one big memory lol