Car shaking

Mike1989

I've recently brought a second hand pair of 19" finichi Firenze wheels, I had them refurbed and brought brand new tyres for them! I was driving down the motorway at 75mph yesterday and the steering wheel started shaking! Any ideas as to what this will be? Cheers mike

Lost a wheel weight?

Incorrectly balanced in the first place?

All bolts not torqued up correctly?

Buckled Wheel?

Incorrect Geo Set-up?

Yep, Any of these!

Start with taking them off and putting them back on, it's a long shot though.

If this doesn't work get them balanced and there is is still a problem I'd say the wheel is square :lol:

I reckon Lexx is right to list geo at the end, if the car was OK before the new wheels went on the geo is probably ok.

You might also want to check the tyre walls for carbuncles, it's unlikely in such a short time but if you've been down a pot hole since the new wheels went on it can happen and can cause steering wheel wobble from about 60mph up. I speak from experience. :bang: (not the Zed) I hasten to add :)

If it wobbles at specific speed then its 99% going to be balancing. Alignment/tracking will cause wobble over a range of speeds, it could be a buckle but youd feel that all the time, moreso at low speed and if they arent done up properly then the wobble tends to be accompanied by a clunking noise ....... if you ignore that then it becomes a noise akin to a brake disc sliding down a road with a 350Z attached :lol:

Best bet is just to go to a tyre place and get them to balance them up, it wont hurt anyway and will probably sort the wobble straight off :thumbs: