A prize for fixing this fault

ddcboyle

As topic says, £40 if someone can fix this fault over the web.

This post was up a month or two ago but no real detail to the problem. So heres the problem

Start the car up, fuse blows causing all speedo instruments to fail, heating to fail and also the trip computer. Even the mileometer doesnt move, has been ar 52999 for past 1000miles. (batt volt and oil psi still work, although battery goes flat if i keep cd player on for more than 5minutes without engine on - i believe thats because of the problem and not a seperate issue)

The fuse that blows is, interior fuse, bottom left 10amp elec parts

I replace the fuse and either does one of two things, car starts, instruments fail straight away

Or

Car starts, instrumens work, put foot on accelerator pedal and instruments then fail.

Ive checked all fuses, the only one that blows is the bottom left fuse on int fuse box.

I went to zmanalex and put in a new white box (the a/c control module, the white box behind the heating controls). This had same problem, so that rules out the white box being the problem.

It happened a few days after i had been removing stereo, wether it has smething t do with that or it happened coincidently, im not sure. I plugged in my diagnostics checker (eobd/obdII d900) and came up with the following fault codes;

P0500 vehicle speed sensor "A"

P2135 throttle/pedal position sensor/switch "A"/"B" voltage correlation

P0500 vehicle speed sensor "A" (pending)

Anyone know how to fix this prolemo, had it before, or any advice? Rather attempt it myself than take it to dealers.

Cheers

Ok, here's me clutching at straws:-

1. Take out the stereo you installed or at least remove it's fuses to see if this eliminates the problem, I favour taking it out very carefully and check to see you haven't shorted, crushed or disconnected something.

2. This is a real long shot, the mileage is stuck at 52999, did this happen immediately after you put the stereo in? If so my money is on something in No1 above, if it happened later then there is a remote possibility that the speedo has jammed and is throwing error codes and blowing a fuse but as i say it's a really long shot. If it as me I would have retraced all of my steps regarding the stereo installation it's almost too coincidental, hard to know what else to suggest so good luck with it.

In the unlikely event that one of these is the solution please donate the £40 to Hope House Hospice or the Forum :thumbs:

Ok, here's me clutching at straws:-

1. Take out the stereo you installed or at least remove it's fuses to see if this eliminates the problem, I favour taking it out very carefully and check to see you haven't shorted, crushed or disconnected something.

2. This is a real long shot, the mileage is stuck at 52999, did this happen immediately after you put the stereo in? If so my money is on something in No1 above, if it happened later then there is a remote possibility that the speedo has jammed and is throwing error codes and blowing a fuse but as i say it's a really long shot. If it as me I would have retraced all of my steps regarding the stereo installation it's almost too coincidental, hard to know what else to suggest so good luck with it.

In the unlikely event that one of these is the solution please donate the £40 to Hope House Hospice or the Forum :thumbs:

Theres no stereo in there at the moment, i did have my oem in there and stereo worked but nothing else did. I only recognised mileometer a few days ago, have no idea if it happened same time.

From what i can see the cables all look fine but i know very little about electronics. More just simple possibilities that it could be. Taking it to electricians tomorrow to see if their able to.

Definitely a short somewhere. I had this in a jeep. A loom had caught on a heat shield and rubbed through a live wire. It would only blow a fuse when it made good contact with the heat shield. Knowing the fuse that keeps blowing and if you have a wiring diagram you should be able to check all the wires coming from that fuse to find the short.

This must surely be easy to trace yourself?

Swapping the stereo is a fairly big job - you need to remove all of the upper section of the centre console. On removal and refitting, you have to feed the legs of the centre console down behind the A/C control unit (White box) that you mentioned. It's totally feasible that you've just nicked or trapped a wire in doing this. I'd be taking that centre console out and checking everything.

Also, you've mentioned the vehicle speed sense wire a couple of times - that feeds into the White box onthe middle plug. Search for a topic that I posted a few years ago which is in the DIY section for a head up display. It tells you specifically which wire is the VSS wire. I'd search myself but I'm on my phone.

Good luck!

Get a multimeter, unplug the multiplugs on speedo, stereo & white box, check the continuity between each pin & ground, work out which coloured wires make a ground then cross reference with a wiring diagram : simples

PM me your e-mail if you require a wiring diagram :thumbs:

After taking it to 4 garages and telling me its definetly a nissan job, no garage can do it. Mates dads friend was an auto electrician, 20mins and he said its the air filter box touching the cables, cut a hole in the box and everything now works. Air filter was K&N typhoon