How to - Fit lowering springs

Niko

I just used whatever i had in the garage, one of my offset wrenches made it a bit easier but it was really easy. i'm sure there are torque settings somewhere, but i just did it up good and tight :thumbs:

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but may save someone some time/effort....

Did the springs on mine this weekend, with the front shocks you don't have to remove all that is detailed in the first post.

- strut brace off

- brake hose clamp nut taken off

- abs sensors pulledout of holdings on shock

- bottom shock bolt off

- top three nuts off

and done! bit of wiggling and a bit of pressure on the suspension and the shock lifts out.

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but may save someone some time/effort....

Did the springs on mine this weekend, with the front shocks you don't have to remove all that is detailed in the first post.

- strut brace off

- brake hose clamp nut taken off

- abs sensors pulledout of holdings on shock

- bottom shock bolt off

- top three nuts off

and done! bit of wiggling and a bit of pressure on the suspension and the shock lifts out.

Realised this maybe wasn't overly clear...

to clarify... You DON'T have to remove the drop link (which can be a nightmare as they sometimes spin within the droplink) or the two A-Arm bolts. just the bits I've detailed above

• 2 weeks later...

I've just done mine this morning and I thought I would add to this thread, I attempted to do it without taking the A-Arm out as the previous poster said but there was no way it was coming out. Muck easier to just undo it from the start.

I've just done mine this morning and I thought I would add to this thread, I attempted to do it without taking the A-Arm out as the previous poster said but there was no way it was coming out. Muck easier to just undo it from the start.

odd! mine came out fairly easily, one side was slightly harder than the other but twisting the hub into the right position and a bit of downward pressure on to give a bit more space and the shocks just lifted out. should've video'd it!

When all the bolts are out initially it doesn't look like there will be enough space to get the shock out but it definitely does fit.

ultimately it's whatever is easiest when you're doing it B)