Suitable Axle Stands

invame

Hi all,

I've had my car since May and it's about time I started thinking about servicing it and was wondering what were the best axle stands to go for.

Choice 1 is for the 3 tonne ratchet style ones from Halfords pictured below but I was wondering if the groove cut-out/shape of them would work with the sills of the zed without damaging anything. If anyone has experience of using this kind of stand I would be interested in hearing what you thought.

RatchetAxleStands.jpg

Choice 2 is for the 3 tonne flatter style ones were I could cut some grooves for the sills in some ice hockey pucks and place them on top of the stands. It's more of a faf but if it works and doesn't damage anything it's got to be worth doing hasn't it? Then again, if choice 1 works then what's the point?

FlatAxleStands.jpg

Anyway, if anyone has an opinion on this or could point me towards a better solution it would be great to hear from you.

I'm with Dan.

I just use the flat type and find a suitable place to locate them.

The ones I have used to be fine on the Zeds standard jacking points. I've had them for 10 years or so and can't remember where I bought them.

I also use the Halfords ratchet stands. I find they work best if you use them lengthways next to the pinch weld rather than across the weld as the upturned ends fit around the strengthened plate where the jacking points are on the sill :thumbs:

+1 it works a treat :thumbs: