Estate Agent problems, what would you do?

chettle

:scare::lol::lol: And they've all driven a bloody great bus through all the regulations recently. It seems to me if you are big and powerful enough then the regulations aren't worth the paper they were written on if that organisation/body decides so. This is to me is far worse than having weak regulations/standrads and "tards" operating within them. The banks decided to ride roughshod through theirs and did so with impunity. :wacko:

have very little, if any regulation.

Aside from us banks there are very few industries who do have any sort of meaningful regulation..........even garages are only monitored I suppose is the right word by Trading Standards and even then its usually one word against another.

In fact most tertiary (is that even a word?? I seem to remember it from school and I think I've used it in the right context!) industry is unregulated as far as I can tell.

So well regulated that the general publics perception is that 90% are a scandal yet I don't hear of any being fined/closed down/improvement orders imposed.

Not saying your wife isn't amazing at her job zugs but the regulation they have is next to useless .....yes there may be regulation they have to abide by but breaking them rarely has a consequence when they just **** up through ineptitude or a breach of process. You don't see the NAEA or ARLA dishing out fines and shutting agents down. You also don't see the government getting involved because individual incidents are too small fry. Provided they don't **** about with client money, keep adverts accurate and don't mis-sell a house to they keep their nose clean.

For example Carla's agent who failed to set her standing order up 3 months running yet insisted on calling her every month to ask why she hand paid.......each time after which they would proclaim that her bank details were 'floating around the office somewhere.

If my bank had done that we would have to raise a regulatory breach, report it to the FSA, remediate the customer for distress and inconvienance, If an individual was accountable remove their bonus and undertake a root cause analysis. It the FSA saw more than a few we could be fined (again), continue doing it and the 'person of significant influence' will be facing a stretch.

Name these companies FFS....... :blush:

Beals?

Man and Co?

Countrywide?

Who are they that you speak of?

Beals and SBK around this area are really bad.

If any landlords here need to talk to Lisa, my Mrs, she will be only happy to help, its Free, but donations appreciated :lol:

In all honesty, I wouldnt be one, cos I would loose my rag to quickly with the punters, but thats my short fused nature..... :surrender:

Lisa often receives flowers and chocolates on a weekly basis, form happy landlords and tenants alike, the branch she runs has had not one single complaint within the last 6 years, on the lettings side. Landlords actually follow with their properties when she has been moved in the past to another branch.

Some are bad, a few are good. As with anything, there will always be a few rotten eggs that spoil it for the rest, in whatever profession.

Lisa often receives flowers and chocolates on a weekly basis, form happy landlords and tenants alike

:blink:

Does anybody else want to tell him, or should I?

;););)

Only kidding mate, it's good to hear she's appreciated for the work she does :thumbs:

Cheers for the replys guys and girls, its very much appreciated!

She got a reply back off the estate agents who have "appologised" and clarified the contact details they have are correct (the details have always been correct before!)

Luckily her purchase should all be completed soon so she can get away from them!

Again... Thank you very much for the offers and replys

:clap::clap::clap:

Cheers for the replys guys and girls, its very much appreciated!

She got a reply back off the estate agents who have "appologised" and clarified the contact details they have are correct (the details have always been correct before!)

Luckily her purchase should all be completed soon so she can get away from them!

Again... Thank you very much for the offers and replys

:clap::clap::clap:

Glad it is all sorted. In future, just tell them that she and her boyfriend like to practice naturism at home! Ok, some might find that attractive but I suspect most agents will never arrive unannounced with potential clients.