Which Internet provider for home use

Virgin fibre optics all the way. Can get I've 100MB these days and it doesn't slow down like an Adsl connection

Agree, however there stupid traffic management system really annoys me, also due to the fact that there is 4 others sharing my connection, it ends up capped all day!

Can you get bt infinity or virgin - both can offer some very good speeds.

Other than that I find they are all fairly equal for every one person who likes one company someone else says they are pants :lol:

Its all the same lines at the end of the day (bar cable of course)

Virgin fibre optics all the way. Can get I've 100MB these days and it doesn't slow down like an Adsl connection

Agree, however there stupid traffic management system really annoys me, also due to the fact that there is 4 others sharing my connection, it ends up capped all day!

Only certain packages get capped. Once you get to a certain speed and cost they don't cap you. I get it mega cheap as my missus used to work for them.

I went for virgin 10meg. Fast as I'll ever need and didn't have to get a phone line or anything else. I download a lot and it's normally really fast. I think speed of Internet can sometimes be over rated. It really depends on what you are doing.

Oh yeah. I think sky it absolute turds and massively over priced. Never had anything but trouble and poor service from them. Then as the phone line didn't work my house mate ended up spending nearly £30 on his mobile to sort it out.

Rant over :p

Virgin FTW :thumbs:

Virgin is good for downloads but terrible for online gaming.

The network has high latency due to their network being way over subscribed.

It's taken me ages to get them to fix mine!!!

never had any issues but i only play ps3

Me too mate, up until very recently at busy times my ping was up at 200-300 which is no good for MW3 get killed quicker than that.

When I looked on the web there are countless reports of high latency on virgin.

After a number of months it seems they have now fixed it for me and at peak times ping is usually around 25 and at off peak times 15.

I've personally found it the other way round and virgin is useless. Unless when you say fibre optics all the way you have FTTP? Once all the people on your street start using it, you wont get anywhere near 100meg and ping times will rocket.

VDSL with infinity would be my choice personally :thumbs:

What do you need it for? If its decent for downloads a cheap bb provider could fit the bill but the more expensive ones usually have lower contention ratios and there dont have over subscribed lines. $ky are terrible for that.

How much do you want to spend though I think infinity is about £30 a month. Not sure on virgin :thumbs:

Virgin for me also. Switched from BT ADSL which became worse and worse.

On 60 Meg and can't fault it. Normal browsing and gaming (on PS3 & PC) is fine.

Yes there is a download cap at peak times, but considering that downloads come down real fast I don't mind it (cap is lifted after 9pm everyday) I grab a movie of say 4GB in about 5mins, which is a lot better than when I was on ADSL, which would have taken a couple of hours.

Also hear that Virgin are upgrading their networks again for a double up in speed later this year, so I should get at least 100 Meg at no extra charge :)