Airbag Wheel?

Ross Mac

I've been looking in my search for my first Z and have found a nice looking one on trader.

Its a Sunset Import and appears to be ST spec however the original wheel has been replace by a momo one?

I havent called the garage but I expect its just a cosmetic thing.

If I wanted to retrofit an original wheel would it be possible?

Its up for about 15k with Discount Car Centre by the way

I've been looking in my search for my first Z and have found a nice looking one on trader.

Its a Sunset Import and appears to be ST spec however the original wheel has been replace by a momo one?

I havent called the garage but I expect its just a cosmetic thing.

If I wanted to retrofit an original wheel would it be possible?

Its up for about 15k with Discount Car Centre by the way

Don't think its a simple job cos of the airbags etc also think they are very expensive :scare:

for 15k should you be able to find a nice one without the steering wheel mod...?

I say this because I think there could be alsorts of small concerns with removal of the airbags...

How was it done?

Damage to connectors?

Airbag connections have a high sensitivity to changes in resistance, so any amount of corrosion, developed through lack of use ( open to environments, could affect operation... or trigger the warning light to go on ... :dry:

Also this probably means the airbag light in the speedo will be on all the time? if not it means previous owner has been tampering with the speedo also... :headhurt:

captain sensible says... look around and see if you find a better/similar deal, specially if you want the the airbags in, as it seems the case...

Is the replacement a non-airbag wheel?

A non standard steering wheel screams of a front end shunt to me. I would guess that the bag deployed and it's obviously a lot easier and cheaper to replace with a non-airbag wheel.

I am a paraniod mofo, but it would make me think twice. :scare:

I'd examine very carefully for panel gap tolerances around thr front bumper, lights etc.

I think your right - plently more Z's in the sea!!

Im hoping that with the release of the 07 model this may force down the price of 53 platers into my budget zone.

Not sure if I can be bothered with the private import anymore - seems a lot of faff when there quite a few already 'landed' so to speak.

Off topic but how much would a replacement UK spec rear bumper be? Its just me being a snob in case I buy a Z thats already in the country. Not sure if I like the square plate on the back....

in Japan they offer quite a range of aftermarket steering wheels from the Nissan extras catologue so I wouldnt be too concerned about a MOMO stering wheel being fitted , probably been there from new..in fact if you buy the car I would probably do you a swop for my standard one :)

re- rear bumper , I like the JDM one as it looks a lot smoother than a UK one , no cut out for tow hook ;)

in Japan they offer quite a range of aftermarket steering wheels from the Nissan extras catologue so I wouldnt be too concerned about a MOMO stering wheel being fitted , probably been there from new..in fact if you buy the car I would probably do you a swop for my standard one :)

re- rear bumper , I like the JDM one as it looks a lot smoother than a UK one , no cut out for tow hook ;)

We have no silly fog light randomly inserted into our bumpers though :p

which silly foglamp would that be ??? :p

IMG_0270.jpg

which silly foglamp would that be ??? :p

IMG_0270.jpg

Nice 1 Tim :thumbs: