Y pipe options

benzed350

I had the joy at the weekend of realising my y pipe has got a hole in it. I have got decats and a tannabe system, so I was expecting it to go, with the increased flow. But I'm not sure what one to replace it with. I was thinking an xyz pipe with HFC. But I don't mind running decats still. Any one got any recommendations?

I ve just ordered a cobra y pipe due to the o/e flexi s decided to break at the weekend.Going to be connecting this to my Berks hfc s and scorpion system.

Hopefully it should be here tomorrow.

:teeth:

Nice one Bob, will be interested to hear how this sounds as I was considering the same setup but tempted to go Decats and XYZ resonator route :D

I ve just ordered a cobra y pipe due to the o/e flexi s decided to break at the weekend.Going to be connecting this to my Berks hfc s and scorpion system.

Hopefully it should be here tomorrow.

:teeth:

Nice one Bob, will be interested to hear how this sounds as I was considering the same setup but tempted to go Decats and XYZ resonator route :D

They dont sound any different with a different y-pipe usually.

Wasso, you have de-cats fitted at the same time thou.

Normally we find there isn't a difference in noise between stock Y pipe and after market Y pipe.

Fair point :thumbs::lol:

(Those Japspeeds are still going strong you know :#1: )

Surely the flexi bits are there for a reason. If you remove these,does it not put more pressure on the rest of the system,as there will be movement when the engine accelerates and decelerates ,and having no flexi will put pressure on the manifolds.

Or am i just chatting sh!t? :lol:

Surely the flexi bits are there for a reason. If you remove these,does it not put more pressure on the rest of the system,as there will be movement when the engine accelerates and decelerates ,and having no flexi will put pressure on the manifolds.

Or am i just chatting sh!t? :lol:

Fair play, I'd like to know that too.

Me and Fake Indian had the same exhaust set up, later on he added an aftermarket Ypipe and it made quite a bit of difference to the sound of the two systems side by side. The OEM ypipe is very restrictive compared to aftermarket ones.

Daryl, I thought that too but the truth of the matter is more problems occur with Nismo/Ichiba/OEM Ypipes cracking HFC's or Decats than the Stillen, not to mention the short life span of flexis, 2 year max warranty usually. I did read some of the r&d notes on it a while back, can't remember exactly why they chose this way but I think it had something to do with the Angles involved in the design. Theres no getting away with it, Motordyne is the best but it does come at a cost. Bang for buck the Stillen would be next choice.