Wheels not fitting help....

Jay

Hey guys and gals... Some of you know I recently bought some Volk GTS alloys. 9.5 + 10.5 and they are +17 front and +18 rear. I was told that these would fit no problem at all by the lads on the US forum however the front wheels is just rubbing of the front calliper and no more... anyone got any ideas what is going on lol or is it simply a case of they dont fit :surrender:

Sounds like you'll need spacers to enable them to clear the caliper, Jay... :) Are you sure they're the correct offsets for the fronts... :)

Yeh defo the correct offsets as they are chrisucc old alloys so I checked with the guys on the forum and some of them are running +10 on the front with out any clearance issues....... sounds very odd to me.

Sounds like you'll need spacers to enable them to clear the caliper, Jay... :) Are you sure they're the correct offsets for the fronts... :)

Yeh defo the correct offsets as they are chrisucc old alloys so I checked with the guys on the forum and some of them are running +10 on the front with out any clearance issues....... sounds very odd to me.

a +10 will give more clearance than the +17.

Sounds like a 3/5mm slip on spacer will sort it though

Arn't you talking about a 350 there though Jay given the 370 calipers are quite a bit larger :shrug:

Arn't you talking about a 350 there though Jay given the 370 calipers are quite a bit larger :shrug:

Hey colin.

No I looked into it on the 370z forum in the U.S. and it should fit. Yeh I placed the wheel on without nuts and it looks as if it was going to clear and when I tightened them up it was hitting the front calliper

Sounds like you are going to need a slip spacers - but after my experience make sure it is not the pressed type. Also, bear in mind you need enough stud length left for the nuts (thickness of spacer and the wheel itself). I was told 9 complete turns was a minimum but please check that with Alex/CS.

Just thinking and I'm sure you have checked, but given most US 370 models are supplied with the 'base' 18" wheels do they have smaller calipers, like the non-brembo jap 350's?

Ok some guy in the states that my pad height will be too low? Anyone have a clue what that is lol? Basically he is saying with a 3 or 5mm spacer it should be fine... although I am now worrying when I add tyres will it rub etc :surrender:

Sounds like you are going to need a slip spacers - but after my experience make sure it is not the pressed type. Also, bear in mind you need enough stud length left for the nuts (thickness of spacer and the wheel itself). I was told 9 complete turns was a minimum but please check that with Alex/CS.

Just thinking and I'm sure you have checked, but given most US 370 models are supplied with the 'base' 18" wheels do they have smaller calipers, like the non-brembo jap 350's?

Most of the US 350z have the smaller brakes but thought the 370z only came with the one kind as they are no longer brembo supplied.

Post a picture if you can and see if anyone comes up with a good idea. :shrug:

Ben at Rarerims should know. ;)

But do check the nut turns needed...........

Sounds like its going be trial and error as to width you might need :shrug:

Thanks Colin. I have contacted rare rims as they sell 5mm slip on spacers, fingers crossed that will do the job. Fingers crossed

I am going to try getting a small spacer for them, however they might not be the best fit for the 370z... so yeh.. if I cant get them looking the way I want, I shall put them up for sale. :thumbs: And ofcourse we are mates, I would give you the price of courier off them :thumbs:

I am going to try getting a small spacer for them, however they might not be the best fit for the 370z... so yeh.. if I cant get them looking the way I want, I shall put them up for sale. :thumbs: And ofcourse we are mates, I would give you the price of courier off them :thumbs:

Lol cheers. :thumbs::thumbs:

I'm saving my pennies now. :thumbs: Maybe try driftworks too as people like good wheels on there too :thumbs: