knockhill 30th aug?

evilscorp

You'll find that you get an email from them about a week before confirming your place and giving you all the information. Sign on and briefing usually starts half an hour before. Mr T usually attends Track Scotland sessions if he gets the chance - drop him a PM :thumbs:

You'll find that you get an email from them about a week before confirming your place and giving you all the information. Sign on and briefing usually starts half an hour before. Mr T usually attends Track Scotland sessions if he gets the chance - drop him a PM :thumbs:

Cheers Vic, have been looking at the paypal screen all week, going to hit confirm tonite,

Its 80quid if u havnt used Alex's link yet. :thumbs:

Cheers Vic, have been looking at the paypal screen all week, going to hit confirm tonite,

Its 80quid if u havnt used Alex's link yet. :thumbs:

I'd get it bought if I were you - TScot is usually sold out and onto wait list by the time the date comes round :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

:#1: Thanks Vic didnt realise you were going/there, should have came over and said hi! you would have got a cheery one back, unless it was after I had been out with that mad man Alex! Holy @~*$ nearly threw up, he was going that FAST! :drive1

But cheers Alex for the passenger ride, totally different to anything I've ever done!

Had a really good time but was by far one of the slowest! any time someone was behind me I let them and everyone else through :lol:

Did not realise until I got home and watched some of my in-car crap camera footage that I had turned the A/C on :blush:

Couldn't get enough of it and was just gaining confidence when you guessed it after 10 straight laps the brakes and tyres were shot and would take too long to cool down + a red flag for the last 10mins.

Would I do it again :D yes but will need to stiffen the car a wee bit more and set my suspension to max stiffness as I only started playing with my BC's towards the end. Also turning off the VDC :rant: is a must at a trackday

:yahoo:

The one day track insurance isn't worth the paper its written on - its only for impact - i.e. if someone hits you - you're more likely to go off on your own :)

Competition car insurance do a standard annual cover that includes up to five track days a year - most folks seem to think they're good.

You did look a bit green when you got out the R35 :lol: though not as green as Neil last year ;)

You're sensible to leave the TC on for your first couple of sessions - you'd kick yourself if you ended up in the barriers - you would've only seen it kick in at Clarks and the hairpin if you were really pushing on anyway :thumbs: First time I took mine off I did a perfect 360 coming out of the chicane when I hit the netting on the grass (with Mr T in the car :doh: ) :lol:

How often do you go to trackdays vik? Might have a better look next time as I only took the insurance out 3hours before :blush: it did give me a bit more confidence but not enough to go over the kerbs and onto the astroturf/netting :lol: I bet that was fun, did Alex even bat an eye lid? There were a lot of broken cars by the end of the night, but I was surprised how well the Z did and even drove all the way home after with 3/4 of a tank left :wacko:

Damn i cant believe i missed this. Completely forgot about it. Glad you had a good time tho it looked briliant and decent weather too :thumbs:

Next decent KRC track night is Tuesday 11th September 6pm - 8pm.

This will also be a sell out so get booked early :thumbs:

Alex. :)

He's got the bug :lol::thumbs:

Lol +1

Looks like you had a great time Gary :thumbs: Now tell me this... did you grab the door handle in Alex's car? As thats when you know Alex is really booting it and trying to scare you :lol: I on the other hand still hold the record of being in Alex's car while he got black flagged :blush::lol::lol: It was never a black flag just a bloody awesome overtake on the straight..... so what if there were three cars side by side... it was only for a split second until alex hit the loud pedal :yahoo:B):drive1

How often do you go to trackdays vik? Might have a better look next time as I only took the insurance out 3hours before :blush: it did give me a bit more confidence but not enough to go over the kerbs and onto the astroturf/netting :lol: I bet that was fun, did Alex even bat an eye lid? There were a lot of broken cars by the end of the night, but I was surprised how well the Z did and even drove all the way home after with 3/4 of a tank left :wacko:

3/4 of a tank lol, you weren't pushing were you lol. I usually do a two hour session and fill up on the way home :lol:

I Have't bne out since this time last year. I used to go à couple of times à month but that is what broke the bank :lol: is a fantastic hobby if you can afford it. :thumbs:

Looks like you guys were having a blast! Once you get out on track you seriously get the bug... although my advice to you is not to take out your pride and joy, get yourself a nice cheap ebay special and razz that around - also saves you on insurance as if you break it, just buy another.

All being well and good i'll be able to save up a grand or two by spring next year and then can splash out a dedicated track car :thumbs: