20mm Eibach Spacers on the FRONT

ScottyZ

Looks like I'll be getting these spacers on the front and 25mm on the back. Thing is Eibach have two fitment systems (system 4 and system 6 ) for their 20mm spacers. I think with system 4 there is no need to replace the OEM wheel studs where as with system 6 replacement wheel studs are included in the kit.

Has anyone fitted 20mm Eibach spacers to the front and which fitting system did they use? System 4 is the easiest fit but have there been fitment issues?

System 4 part no. is S90-4-20-034

System 6 part no. is S90-6-20-019

I've spoke to Mitz at CS about this but still wanted to find out what other owners used.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers, Scotty

Check out Ebizeds thread, first post updated recently viewtopic.php?f=103&t=34297, not recommended to put 20's on the front.

25mm all round :thumbs:

Problem is I'm now lowered on Swifts which gives a 30mm drop at the front which means if I fit 25mm spacers would likely cause rubbing with the wheel arch liner.

George, do you get any rubbing with your 25mm spacers at the front?

Check out Ebizeds thread, first post updated recently viewtopic.php?f=103&t=34297, not recommended to put 20's on the front.

25mm all round :thumbs:

Problem is I'm now lowered on Swifts which gives a 30mm drop at the front which means if I fit 25mm spacers would likely cause rubbing with the wheel arch liner.

George, do you get any rubbing with your 25mm spacers at the front?

George is dropped on eibachs which are around 30mm aswell :thumbs:

None at all mate, and mine is a similar drop on the Eibachs, Ebized has no probs either although his isn't lowered I believe.

Biggest prob is the tyre deflectors rub if you so much as drive over a fag paper :lol:

Tyre deflectors and front chin have both been removed. I was scraping those before lowering!

Think I might order just 1 set of 25mm, try them on the front if they fit without rubbing - job done, if not at least I can use them on the back and then get 20mm on the front. The 25mm only come with one type of fitting system whereas with the 20mm you have a choice of two fitting systems with one being a bit more involved than the other.

None at all mate, and mine is a similar drop on the Eibachs, Ebized has no probs either although his isn't lowered I believe.

Biggest prob is the tyre deflectors rub if you so much as drive over a fag paper :lol:

Tyre deflectors and front chin have both been removed. I was scraping those before lowering!

Think I might order just 1 set of 25mm, try them on the front if they fit without rubbing - job done, if not at least I can use them on the back and then get 20mm on the front. The 25mm only come with one type of fitting system whereas with the 20mm you have a choice of two fitting systems with one being a bit more involved than the other.

Give Alex a shout mate, he double checked with Eibach direct on the correct fitments :thumbs: I'm sure you'll be ordering a second set straight away ;)

Give Alex a shout mate, he double checked with Eibach direct on the correct fitments :thumbs: I'm sure you'll be ordering a second set straight away ;)

George, have you had the wheel alignment done yet? I've read loads of posts on the 370Z.com forum saying it needs doing after lowering to try and recover the camber back to OEM settings.

George, have you had the wheel alignment done yet? I've read loads of posts on the 370Z.com forum saying it needs doing after lowering to try and recover the camber back to OEM settings.

Yes I did, I had "tyre scrub" on low speed full lock turning, turned out it was the tyres that needed replacing at the front (uneven wear, but I put it down to a track day I'd done), replaced all four but there was no issues with the geo set up, this was carried out at Infiniti in Glasgow a few months ago. Recently had the P2 done and all the tyres were showing even wear all round and no geo issues found.

I would have it checked AFTER the spacers are on, as even after your springs were fitted, it'll still need a few miles on her to "bed" them in, so now would be good time to fit the spacers, as your springs are relatively new on.

Scotty

Im lowered 30mm on Eibachs.

After much deliberation i opted for 25mm spacers on the front & 20mm on the back. That configuration will take you perfectly flush with the arches all round.

Not sure which 'system type' of spacers Mitz sent out to me but i can tell you that mine all bolted on without a hitch (no studs needed replacing)

Smart move removing the front tyre guards & lip because if left 'as stock' they WILL rub....I have left mine on but cut them down considerably!

You might well get some rubbing on the front wheel arch liners when your swifts are sharply compressed during driving. This can happen with both the 20 and 25mm spacers, have to say that mine only rubbed a tiny bit at the point where ther bumper is fixed to the front wing. The liner bulges out slightly at this point to accomodate for a fastening. See how you go & if you have any problems give me a shout because i have found an easy & effective way around this.

Marco

Scotty

Im lowered 30mm on Eibachs.

After much deliberation i opted for 25mm spacers on the front & 20mm on the back. That configuration will take you perfectly flush with the arches all round.

Not sure which 'system type' of spacers Mitz sent out to me but i can tell you that mine all bolted on without a hitch (no studs needed replacing)

Smart move removing the front tyre guards & lip because if left 'as stock' they WILL rub....I have left mine on but cut them down considerably!

You might well get some rubbing on the front wheel arch liners when your swifts are sharply compressed during driving. This can happen with both the 20 and 25mm spacers, have to say that mine only rubbed a tiny bit at the point where ther bumper is fixed to the front wing. The liner bulges out slightly at this point to accomodate for a fastening. See how you go & if you have any problems give me a shout because i have found an easy & effective way around this.

Marco

The Eibach spacers I have on are hubcentric, no need for stud change. Under ALL driving conditions, hair on fire, track, to the limit (well my limit), absolutely no rubbing anywhere, under compression (very little if any roll when lowering springs fitted).

20mm on the rear or front are NOT perfectly flush, 25mm are about 1.5mm under the flush, fact, see piccies.

9a875779.jpg

5eab946a.jpg

Interesting George.

I'm not an expert, just telling it honestly as i've found it!

Re the 20mm Eibach Hub-centrics on the back (which i have too) >>>

I just dropped a level down from the outside of my wheelarch to the extreme outer lip of my Bridgestone Potenza. Mine are sitting 1mm OVER the flush.

Btw... Car was on a perfectly level surface when i did this ;)

At -2deg 25' on both sides, I am running slightly out of tolerance with my camber too. Think i am right in saying that if i fit rear camber adjusters (which i WILL need to take her back to standard nominal spec) then it will push the top outside of the tyre out even more.

Nissans spec for the rear is

Minium -2deg 1'

Nominal -1deg 55'

Maximum -1deg 11'

I think Scottys idea of first getting just the one set of 25m spacers & experimenting might be right way to go. Im really happy with how mine is sitting. Just keeping an eye open for any excessive tyre wear on the inside due to being slightly out of OEM with my rear camber.

Marco

for reference - 25mm Eibachs all round, ride height standard

did you have to adjust the alignment etc

Been runnng with 1 degree of toe in front and rear since alignment was done with 23mm spacers - still feels as planted as before but I will get it checked again soon ;)

• 1 year later...