Going up in price?

akewt

Is it me or are 350z's, specifically the later 313bhp model, going up in price?

I've been solidly looking for a month now everyday and it's seems as though they are. :(

Originally I thought a budget of 10k would get me a decent 313 with around 50k miles.

Anyone else seeing the same trend?

Is it me or are 350z's, specifically the later 313bhp model, going up in price?

I've been solidly looking for a month now everyday and it's seems as though they are. :(

Originally I thought a budget of 10k would get me a decent 313 with around 50k miles.

Anyone else seeing the same trend?

After seeing major depreciation for the last few years I'm hoping this is true! I gave up looking a while ago though as it was getting fairly depressing for a while.

...it could also be the 'value' comments you get on the forum. When I was looking on my budget I had comments that I would get 'this and that' for my budget but nothing came up. Have seen a regular spate of comments about being able to get 313s for X amount and maybe you can if you get one which is not mint and has high miles and you spend two weeks bartering on price, but generally they dont exist.

...it could also be the 'value' comments you get on the forum. When I was looking on my budget I had comments that I would get 'this and that' for my budget but nothing came up. Have seen a regular spate of comments about being able to get 313s for X amount and maybe you can if you get one which is not mint and has high miles and you spend two weeks bartering on price, but generally they dont exist.

Spot on. Oddly for a model-specific forum, this one seems to love under-valuing its cars for some reason. I think a lot of it is that the difference between the average price and the lowest price you can possibly find isn't always acknowledged. Given the current climate of hard times and high fuel and insurance costs I think more people are wanting to get shot of thirsty cars quickly because the running costs are killing them and they don't want to keep paying them for a month or two before it sells. This means that there are a number of unusually cheap cars popping up, but I have to say that the average prices haven't gone down all that much since I got mine 13 months ago. This implied rule (not referencing any particular members here, it seems to be a group function that we all contribute to) of 'I've found a 2007 313 with X miles on it for £9k therefore all 2007 313s with X miles on should be £9k' isn't really true. If the number of low priced quick sales continues increasing then it may force overall prices down faster, but I don't think we're there yet.

DB

Spot on. Oddly for a model-specific forum, this one seems to love under-valuing its cars for some reason. I think a lot of it is that the difference between the average price and the lowest price you can possibly find isn't always acknowledged. Given the current climate of hard times and high fuel and insurance costs I think more people are wanting to get shot of thirsty cars quickly because the running costs are killing them and they don't want to keep paying them for a month or two before it sells. This means that there are a number of unusually cheap cars popping up, but I have to say that the average prices haven't gone down all that much since I got mine 13 months ago. This implied rule (not referencing any particular members here, it seems to be a group function that we all contribute to) of 'I've found a 2007 313 with X miles on it for £9k therefore all 2007 313s with X miles on should be £9k' isn't really true. If the number of low priced quick sales continues increasing then it may force overall prices down faster, but I don't think we're there yet.

DB

:clap:

I think quite a lot of people are reporting that dealers arent shifting on price, maybe private are by a bit, but I thought I would have a quick look on autotrader for a bit of research:

Keyword search: 313 turned up 22 Zeds up to five years old.

3 were under £10k, 2 by £5 the other at £9450

19 were over £10k

The median price was £13,950

Highest priced was a touch under £15k

If you are looking for a 313 with £9k budget I think you are struggling, quite a bit with a choice of maybe 3-4 cars from 22 nationally, even if you are looking to try haggle down.

Have only been looking a few weeks now and prices are a lot lower than i expected, eg There was 2black roadsters on an 05 plate at dealers near me and they were going to let go for £7500 from dealers, I let my 03 ginger go 18 months ago for just under £8k and thought i had been done guessing I would get no where near that these days.

All big thirsty cars have taken a hit this year - TVR prices were steady for years but this year there are a lot of bargains out there

Suppose one factor affecting the 350z is the 370z now becoming a lot more affordable (spoke to someone who picked one up for £15k)

Personally though I would not mind paying a premium for a "known " car but not everyone will so not an easy job selling at the moment