Rabster 350z GT4 in yellow

rabster

]Ok so as you all know i sold much loved lexus in favour of a new challenge, i had only been hunting for about 3- 4weeks and kept coming back to the same car

the baby is a 2005 (05 plate) limited edition Nissan 350Z GT4 number 112/176 The car has covered 34,500 miles and has full service history. During the winter the car has been sorn and stored away.

The GT4 model was a limited run of 176 cars (100 in kuro black and 76 in ultra yellow). It has the more powerful rev up engine and also limited edition GT4 18†alloy wheels. It has the GT pack which includes full leather interior, heated electric seats, upgraded Bose stereo and cruise control.

The car is Immaculate both inside and out. It has received a full detail by hand every 3 months and is washed and waxed on a weekly basis using high quality products. The alloys are in brand new condition having been replaced by Nissan in 2010 under warranty due to some slight corrosion. The new alloys have been waxed and sealed to prevent this from occurring again. The car runs on Falken 452 tyres all round, the rears were replaced in 2010

In terms of modifications,

The car has a Nismo aero kit which was professionally fitted. The aero kit consists of a Nismo V2 front bumper with carbon lip, Nismo side skirts and rear spats and a carbon Nismo rear spoiler.

Also fitted is a Mastergrade carbon roof

carbon Nismo B-pillars,

carbon wing mirror covers,

MYO6 LED rear lights,

JWT cold air intake,

plenum spacer

Ferodo DS2500 brake pads.

Eibach wheel spacers all round

Lowered on Eibach pro lowering springs

Also fitted to the car is the much rare and sought after Nismo exhaust system. This is a full, 3 piece stainless cat back system which sounds absolutely stunning.

so without further adoo here she is

10f4700c.jpg

c2f89707.jpg

4a315524.jpg

58bb37f8.jpg

fe6ebaeb.jpg

6bbae417.jpg

19d37c04.jpg

b2e07f23.jpg

9a43dc32.jpg

e19f315e.jpg

10addcff.jpg

Stay Tuned for future work.......

So August 2011

The mods have started

today i finally fitted the factory blue tooth module once i made sure this all worked i then cleaned the whole car and polished it including the Nismo exhaust, sealed the alloys with alloy wheel sealer and then treated the tires with meguiers tyre dressing....

once i had finished playing with the outside 5hours later lol

i decided to start with the car PC front

1st up modify the Bose system to have an AUX input fairly easy to do i didnt take any pics but will copy form elsewhere to show how i did it.....

car pc so far comprises off

Liliput 619gl touchscreen

Acer Aspire Revo

Wireless keyboard and mouse

OBD Reader

Video input

Reverse Camera

Sat Nav

Centrafuse 3.5

Joycon ex Controller (more to come on thiss later)

Relay board isnt on order yet got to work out what ill use it for......

kinda thinking the following

Relay 1 - Pace Car strobes

Relay 2 - Drivers heated seat

Relay 3 - Passenger Heated seat

Relay 5 - Front grill Lights

Relay 6 - Front Camera

Relay 7 -

Relay 8 -

________

Late August 2011

Let the fun begin

So i have started on the CAR PC

Spec as follows

Acer Aspire Revo

Carnetix P1900

LIlliput 7" Screen

Logitiec Mini Keyboard/Joypad

Joycon EX

Rear Camera

OBD Reader

C200 Video Camera Input

Onto the fitting the standard housing that comes in the non nav modules doesn't allow enough space to fit a screen in the cubby as you can see below

02425077.jpg

So i had to order a different unit

once order it was time to get on with the fitting of the screen, no real pics of this as it kinda just fits in and gets glued in place....

but once fitted allows it to look like this

de3f7279.jpg

So with the screen in place it was time to modify the computer to work with the PSU

In order for it to work we have to make an additional switch input on the main board

So computer before

435cfa38.jpg

Computer with its top off

5f7fb74f.jpg

Locate power switch board this is top left of the computer case

d41ba301.jpg

771c9087.jpg

Once removed it looks like this

239a23be.jpg

the contacts themselves are just a standard short to make connection effectively a normally open shorted to normally closed

once connected to i then ran a cable through the case onto a connection on the rear.

that's as far as i got tonight but here are the finished pics today

fdd3ef69.jpg

2e9c2dec.jpg

2a0f6d87.jpg

the screen is being blurred out by my down lighter in the front room doesn't look like this when in natural light

So here is the new Carnetix loom Made up and measurement made on where to run the cables as with 90% of my work i braided the cables and heat shrunk the ends

0d21722b.jpg

Here is the new pc Location

99399903.jpg

there is a gap under neath here which was ideal to store the PSU and any other ancillary items in

so with that in place time to mount the camera

d68fc265.jpg

3283dec3.jpg

So onto the checklist

Rear Camera - DOne

Sat Nav -Done

AUX input on headunit - Done

OBD Reader - Outstanding

Fit New screen in cubby hole -Done

Power New screen of same psu as PC - Done

Automatic switching of rear Camera -Done

Sort out poor audio quality - Done

So with the above list 99% completed here is the finished article

88a38bb9.jpg

719b73db.jpg

52e4b0d3.jpg

NOw the screen

975bd193.jpg

54495970.jpg

594deeee.jpg

975bd193.jpg

d1cf48f6.jpg

Now for a few videos

th_f6d0e848.jpg

th_89c58086.jpg

October 2011

OK so at the weekend i felt the car could do with some love so it got given a good old wash

Started with a Snow foam Rinse

790aa3ce.jpg

71e12e25.jpg

After this i gave the car a rinse then a hand wash with the wiggly wobbly wash mit lol

Closely followed by a full Lube up and Clay Bar session.

Once the clay bar had been done time for another wash by hand and the wiggly wobbly wash mit

Then dried and out came the G220 Polisher wish a Meguiers Cutting compound and red Pad this allowed me to remove some of the surface Swirls.

Once the whole car had been finished with the Polisher then it was ime to buff the car one last time before apllying the polish

I applied Colonite Polish and then buffed the windows to allow the water to bead off every part of the car including the carbon fibre

here are the finished pics

5849b6a8.jpg

005d7061.jpg

1c518ca0.jpg

ad785bf5.jpg

6fd0738a.jpg

0928ec21.jpg

Late October 2011

Ok so small update again

Had a Clifford Avantguard5.5 Alarm Fitted on friday the guy did try the new system which runs via the Can-bus but unfortunately the car wouldn't talk to the can-bus module had it had done this it would have made all the system easier to install...

Instead he did it the analogue way, the whole system was installed in about 6 hours and was done very neatly. i couldn't decide on the LED location, so i fitted it my self yesterday.

The installer did wire in the Boot pop but spotted a small hiccup with it last night in that the boot pop only works if the alarm is un-armed not really a bad thing but i will be changing it soon.

So onto today i fitted one of my reverse dip mirror kits was fairly straight forward, if you Know how to use a DMM.

90% of the cables you require are located in the passengers foot well. the only cable i didnt look for was a constant 12v as i had already brought my own cable through the bulkhead from the battery.

th_5a8e4e11.jpg

December 2011

Ok so i have got one of the remote folding number plate kits for the 350z as the front of the car looks so much sexier without a plate on it

here is the before

a275dfde.jpg

Here is the after

0928ec21.jpg

This is the kit all i have to work out now is the best way to mount it so that it can withstand motorway speeds when folded out during driving

im also thinking i may well wire it into the alarm system that way when ever i unlock the car it will fold out and when i re lock the car it will fold away thus never forgetting to display the plate and staying legal. of course at shows ill need an override switch to fold it away when un locked for photo purposes...

June 2012

i had some damage done to the front bumper and well the whole thing needed sorting out so i found a garage to do the work and here is it

e3ee2c17.jpg

4741c4b6.jpg

there was also a lump of carbon fibre missing from the front drivers lip and a huge crack in the paint and fibre glass

so i popped down to custom exotics in harlow for a quote which seemed reasoinable considering it was pearlescent paint and carbon fibre sections

a week later i dropped the car off they had it just under 1 week and then i collected it 10:00pm on a friday night (thats dedication)

the car looked like this at the end

c700c664.jpg

56ca1fa1.jpg

b9c3eb09.jpg

02e50747.jpg

585c53f7.jpg

d9901ef3.jpg

c9b81ea3.jpg

the also did a few other bits

they sorted out my wonky spoiler it turned out the moulding was off when the built it as the base was central to the car so the lifted this off moved it about 10mm then re seated it and voila no more wonky lol

they also smoothed the centre bit behind my numberplate on the grill shown here

64615cbc.jpg

this did have a knock out designed so you can mount the towing eye but because i have a speed camera avoider :shock: i mean plate hider this looks **** when the plate is hidden

the spoiler and smoothing was done FOC which was even better.

there is one bit that im not happy with which i only noticed the day after collecting it which is shown here

02e50747.jpg

the paint seem to be rippled from the headlight not sure why but i will get them to address this when i take it in to have the wheels looked at.

Well as you all know the car went to have the wheels repaired i took it back to the same place that did my front bumper as they did an excellent job so cant fault them and very helpfull

as you will know there was one bit which wasn't down to them but the way the headlights sit and it caused a ripple in the paint, they resprayed the whole bumper again with no questions so i thought whilst they are doing that i will get the handles colour coded

They did look like this

58bb37f8.jpg

They look like this now

b8e47ed6.jpg

a5e5530e.jpg

I also had them mop the whole car whilst it was in they had a week whilst the wheels were being done came out like this

52f595d8.jpg

7daa8492.jpg

55238872.jpg

aef334b8.jpg

342d2c56.jpg

777e1b95.jpg

c98628bb.jpg

0f794f78.jpg

3d59f7ad.jpg

2293f00f.jpg

155c125d.jpg

f572f930.jpg

Mid July 2012

Ok so I had the 350z repaired few minor bits etc whilst it was in I asked them to give the car a machine buff to get rid off some of the swirls on it so they did, however they didn't give it any polish after so there wa no true beading effec running off the car :(

So I decided as the sun was out rare as it is that I would wash the car and polish is it by hand :Fish:

We started wi a snow foam left this for about 10minutes then hit it with a fresh coat of snow foam to ensure

Then I moved onto washing the snow foam off I have in the past jet washed it off by this is a big no no the best thing is to just use running water from the hose so after about 10minutes off soaking it was de foamed

So now into the fun bit wiggy waggley wash MIT and some shampoo not head and shoulders:Chair:

Due to the heat I did the top then the front then the sides between each section I washed the shampoo off

I also cleaned the wheels at the same time :DiscoStu:

I buffed the whole car off with a bg fluffy drying towel from my renewal gift on the forum have to say its amazing how much it still absorbes lol

So with the whole car washed and dried time to me onto the polish stage I have a tub of the meguieres ultimate paste wax so I used this ideally not to be applied in direct sun light but isn't have the luxury off putting the car in the shade unless I was to drive to work and that was far to much effort

Anyway here are the pics of my clean baby

0a67efdb.jpg

05ce6aaf.jpg

1c9b0ab7.jpg

97082445.jpg

e482ea12.jpg

1e99a186.jpg

45f2ac3d.jpg

d95c3811.jpg

856e2c88.jpg

87ee97bc.jpg

ef1f741a.jpg

9d3d6f9c.jpg

As I said above I also cleaned the stagea no polish this time I hadnt been cleaned in about 3 months

2b9c18ec.jpg

64322fe1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...